WWII e-arfs

You got a cool electric WWII combat rig? This is the place to show it off!

Moderator: hbartel

Rabbit Leader

WWII e-arfs

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Uhh...you guys? have ya'll seen this yet?

http://www.towerhobbies.com/rcwnews/050 ... a1192.html

Check it out...
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Very interesting Rabbit Leader. Looks like 3 cell lipos, and 20A controller. I'll order one to see how they work.

Would be a great class - everybody buys the same thing and flies them against each other. Price isn't bad and the EPP ought to hold up pretty well.
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

Unfortunately it says EPS not EPP. [:0]
wrnstockwel

Post by wrnstockwel »

Can you say POOF![xx(]
wrnstockwel

Post by wrnstockwel »

Looks like you could use a different prop (5:1 ratio is close to the 350 C drive everyone is using) 2 cell lipo and a 15 or less amp speed controller. None of which is included. Running the 10" prop on that drive is going to push the motor pretty hard.

Scott
spaddawg

Post by spaddawg »

This is just the thing I have been waiting for!! We now has a simple, resonably priced, ARF that can meet the needs of the first time E-Combat pilot!! If we all want combat to grow this is what it will take to get it going! We should support these guys and get a class lined up to go along with this manufacturers products.
There is a huge following of electrics in my area but nothing has even come close to meeting what was needed to get people fired up about combat( I.E. combat ARF's). Now I think we have something we can work with. Thanks for the info Rabit!! I plan on putting it to good use!

Regards,
jpmorere

Post by jpmorere »

Can't just slap a smaller prop or 2s LiPo on it. 370/400 motor Kv is somewhat lower than the 300/350 GWS that we are using for our reference standard. Still may be worth looking at. Easy to get - once they become available. The video didn't look too bad as far as flying goes. Still, $60 for an airframe and $17 motor ain't cheap.

J.P.

Return to “Electric WWII Fighters”