The future of SCALE combat ???

Moderator: hbartel

cipoll717

The future of SCALE combat ???

Post by cipoll717 »

just got my AMA magazine, and read the nice article by Greg Rose on Scale combat. Overall impression was that there is uncertainty about where scale combat is going. Both 2548 & 2610 are great classes, but the article emphasized the issues with build time & carnage, and implied that open is more preffered due to this.

I agree, I tried 2548 this year, and all I can say is it was fun, but not on my top priority list next year. I really liked building the planes, and flying scale WW2 birds is just plain cool. But, my planes flew like terds and got demolished during combat. I can't even remember if I got a single cut in 2 meets. I haven't tried 2610 yet, but suspect this will be similar, although likely easier to get a good flying plane with the lack of performance restrictions. So, what's the answer???

How about 1/2a scale combat!!! We've been talkign up 1/2a lately, and it seems there are some interest with several people trying it, and a couple of kits now available commercially. There is still some concesses building about class guidelines, but it looks like we have a good amount of interest and will likely have a few limited 'open' 1/2a meets next year.

<b><u>What does everybody think about doing the same for Scale</u>?</b> Frommy and I started flying 1/2a combat with scale birds. We flew this almost all summer, and just recently build open planes. We flew all sorts of great scale birds- P-51, P-29, zeros, Hellcats. The performance was not as high as the open planes, and they flew like, well, like scale WW2 fighters. A lot less turning capability, and less fur-balling in general. But, it was great fun, and the planes are pretty tough. I've got a couple of good designs, and building tips I will pass on if anyone's interested.
boiler

Post by boiler »

I plan on building several scale 1/2 A planes after I get done building my open/limited B planes at the first of the year. Right now I'm repairing/improving my 2548 and 2610 planes. It takes a little longer with these guys. I hope to have them ready to go by Jan 1.
Bender

Post by Bender »

If discuss tendency and future I would say:
Personally I do believe: too many scale classes is disease.
Sorry for this, but if you will compare RCCA and ACES you have to say: they do have more scale pilots with one scale class and pretty stable scale rules.

I am sure: provisional classes is: simple way to avoid official rules stability.
Sorry again. Serg RCCA #635 www.amocs.com