2006 NATS - Limited B Interest

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Thanks for the input Scott and Kirk. Scott, a typical contest may have 4-6 rounds, with just a few having more, and it usually a one-class contest. We will probably be flying 2-3 heats in Open B, 2 heats in 2610, 3 heats in SSC and 2 heats in 2548. Assuming 10 rounds each, that is 20-30 + 20 + 30 + 20 means 90 - 100 heats, plus Limited B. That is a pretty full schedule for four days, and the team that helps Rick run the contest, fine folks like Lou, Don, Roy, Tim and others, will be quite tired by then.

If you would like to schedule a marathon contest, I'm sure you'd get takers on it. I'd contact the class leaders and get their input and commitment to attend, then build a team to support the contest.

Best of luck!
Ed
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

Im in...
grasshpr

Post by grasshpr »

Ed,

Still being somewhat old school I enjoy the classes that are free of rpm limits, wieght restrictions, etc. a little more so than SSC and 2548.

As such I had thought not to try lim B, especially since there are no contests in my corner of the country to go to.

But since I'll already be there, as long as I have planes left over I don't mind giving it a try. Count me in.
grasshpr

Post by grasshpr »

test
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

<font size="3"><b>Schedule: </b> </font id="size3">

<b>Day 0 - July 11 - Tuesday:</b> Tech inspection for 2610 and Open B in the afternoon. Test flying as allowed once we get control of the field and pins.

<b>Day 1 - July 12 - Wednesday:</b> Final tech inspections for 2610 and Open B. Five rounds of 2610 followed by 5 rounds Open B.

<b>Day 2 - July 13 - Thursday:</b> Five rounds of Open B followed by 5 rounds of 2610. Tech inspection and scale judging for 2548. Limited B (Slot A - time permitting). Tech inspection for SSC.

<b>Day 3 - July 14 - Friday:</b> Final tech inspection for SSC. Five rounds of SSC followed by 5 rounds of 2548. Evening: pizza party and 2005 NPS Awards.

<b>Day 4 - July 15 - Sa* * * *ay:</b> Five rounds of 2548 followed by five rounds SSC. Limited B (Slot B - time permitting if Slot A not used). NATS Awards.
<hr noshade size="1">
Note that we have two slots to try to get in four rounds of Limited B.

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”