P-47 Ready for Flight Testing

All things related to 2548 Scale

Moderator: hbartel

Father O 5

P-47 Ready for Flight Testing

Post by Father O 5 »

Finally finished my first combat plane.

This is what I was shooting for...

And this is what I ended up with. [:)] I am pleased with the result.

OS25LA with a 4 oz tank. 2 micro servos in the wings. Full size servo in the tail and under the hood. Wing is coro center with 1/2" foam on each side in a symetrical airfoil. Full size receiver and receiver battery pack. Covering is thing packing tape ironed down and then Monocote over that. Aluminum instead of silver. OD Green down the center. Tail is pained with Krylon Fusion.

I am pleased with the weight for a first effort. Almost all of the first builds that I have read about seem a little heavy. Could have saved 2 oz by using micros in the tail and for the throttle and could put a mini receiver in it. Need to see how (if) she flys first.

Lessons learned.
Don't Monokote a pop bottle cowl cause it will warp (duhhhh!)
My cat LOVES to roll around in pink foam shavings. Then track it all over the house. The wife is not fond of the cat.
wrnstockwel

Post by wrnstockwel »

Very nice, I am impressed that this was your first attempt at a scale plane! Way to go on the weight, that leavs a little room for adding balast to balance the plane. Sounds like an interesting way to build wings, sounds rugged though. Did you use 4mm or 2mm coro for the center of the wing?

Scott
Father O 5

Post by Father O 5 »

Whatever the generous people who leave campaign signs on the side of the road three weeks after an election are using!!!

I think it is 4mm.
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

Looks good. Good luck with it
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Looks good!! Fire that sucker up and give us a test report! Looks like she should fly well..

Cash
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

great job! test report please!