SPAD Combat designs and discussions
For more, visit http://www.spadworld.net

Moderator: hbartel

spaddawg

Post by spaddawg »

Nice looking bird Randy.. Way to go!!
RH

Post by RH »

Zendude, Gorilla Glue is what keeps the foam and pvc together. I'm looking for the fence post stuff as the downspout keeps getting harder to find and I've used up most of my supply. A little more foam and the post should work great!

r
boiler

Post by boiler »

We always got the phence post stuff at TSC stores. I got a supply about 15 months ago. I haven't seen it for about 6 months.
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RH</i>
<br />Zendude, Gorilla Glue is what keeps the foam and pvc together. I'm looking for the fence post stuff as the downspout keeps getting harder to find and I've used up most of my supply. A little more foam and the post should work great!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<font size="2">Thanks, Randy. The only problem with the smaller fence might be trying to get the fuel tank inside. I tried to get a Jett 6oz slim tank inside, but it was a no-go (they both have a O.D. of 1.75"). Let me know if you find something else, or maybe the foam could be hollowed out and the tank mounted outside the fencepost.

d.</font id="size2">
adamdb

Post by adamdb »

RH,
Dude you never cease to amaze me. Awesome bird! I can't wait to see it up against my SPAD Fulmar!

Adam
RH

Post by RH »

I can hardy wait to battle with your Fulmar, Adam. How goes the robot games?

Zenman, look real close at those pics and you'll see my tank sits on top of the down spout so no problemo there!

r
adamdb

Post by adamdb »

Robot season is over for another year. The FIRST competition was March 30-April 1 and the Ridge View students finished 26 out of 48 teams, a significant improvement over last year. We were also chosen as a partner by one of the top 8 teams so they got to compete in the quarter-finals also. In addition the team won an Artistic Imagery award and the Industrial Safety award and Chuck Brant (the other Mile Hi RCer I roped into this) won the Woody Flowers award which is the most prestigious award given to a team mentor. So, all in all, it was awesome!! The most amazing part is that our robot fell off of the back of a truck at 70mph, so we spent the first day of the competition rebuilding a robot and still managed to do very well.

So, now maybe I will have some time to rebuild a fleet for combat. And I have had a LOT of time to dream up some awesome new planes, (insert maniacal laughter here).

Adam
RH

Post by RH »

Sounds great, Adam. I have some old motorbike tie down straps that I better donate to the cause. A 70 mph fall out can't be good for man nor machine! Glad your team did so well, congratulations. Looking forward to those new ideas (so I can incorporate em!!)

r
jj

Post by jj »

Adam,

Well done on the robots. Maybe next year the robots will be flying your combat planes. ;)

Remember to sign up for Mile High Madness May 6th on the RCCA web site.

I've actually got a 2548 flying this year so we should be good to go!

jj

Return to “Simple Plastic Airplane Designs (SPAD)”