Matrix Software

Discussion on usage, viruses, problems, tips and tricks.

Moderator: hbartel

Chunky C

Post by Chunky C »

Here's a start on a help file.

It's not much but it's sum'pin

http://spadfest.rcspads.com/albums/user ... lpFile.zip

cc
Chunky C

Post by Chunky C »

V2.0.1
"Excel Sorting Bug" Fix PATCH ONLY

You'll need to have MatrixV2Final V2.0.0 installed for this patch!

Copy all of the included files to the original installation folder. That's all there is to it.

Chunk

http://spadfest.rcspads.com/displayimag ... at=0&pos=0
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Chunky,

I plan to use the software on Sa* * * *ay and will post my views. Thanks for getting this created for us!
Chunky C

Post by Chunky C »

So Ed, did you get to use it?
boiler

Post by boiler »

I used it last week for the Battle for Bean town and it worked great.[:D] I didn't use the excell part since I had made up my own excell sheet several weeks earlier. I should update the program since the version I have has the excell bug in it yet.
Tim Treneff

Post by Tim Treneff »

Chunky,

We used the 2.01 final with the excel patch this weekend at Jackson, TN and it worked great! I couldn't figure out how to minimize it but that wasn't a big deal. The excel sheet worked ok as well. We did not have any frequency conflicts to contend with.

We used Roy's audio CD (ripped to Windows Media Player) on the same computer without a hitch.

The heat cards work great but we were challenged making sure the pilots (old geezers) knew which heat we were actually flying. Us olds-himers need the program to announce via the audio port which heat/round we are currently flying and the names of the pilots that are supposed to be in the heat!

Great work guys. We sure appreciate all your hard work for the software and the audio cd. They made our event run smooth and professional.
Chunky C

Post by Chunky C »

Hanging out at the NATs this afternoon, I came up with an idea. What do y'all think about having the program generate the score sheets? I know that the web page will generate the score sheets for all pre-registered pilots but not for those who don't pre-register. It also might be handy for the club combat meets.

What do you all think? Think it's worth the time and effort in adding score sheets?

I very quickly made up a score sheet and uploaded to the Matrix V2 gallery on my site:

http://spadfest.rcspads.com/thumbnails.php?album=79

There are two files, one Excel file and a pdf copy.

SCORE_SHEET_V2005_R1.pdf
SCORE_SHEET_V2005_R1.XLS

Chunk
cshepherd

Post by cshepherd »

Chunk,

I think that is a great idea!
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

I got a chance to meet and talk to Chuck at the NATS, and everything worked great. This is the best matrix software we've used to date.

A big <font size="5"><b>Thank You </b> </font id="size5"> from the NATS crew.[:)]
lightning

Post by lightning »

Hey Chunk - score sheets look good.
Do I understand you are proposing to generate them, complete with Pilot name, AMA #, frequency etc from the Matrix software?
That would be awesome!! [:p][:p]

Now, nit pick time!! "Loses" only has one "o" not two!! Check the bottom lines of your sheets.
cipoll717

Post by cipoll717 »

Chunk,

if possible, can we print the frequency on the small heat cards?

M
lightning

Post by lightning »

Wassamatter Mark - ya forgotten what channel you fly ?? [:D][:D]
Chunky C

Post by Chunky C »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lightning</i>
<br />Hey Chunk - score sheets look good.
Do I understand you are proposing to generate them, complete with Pilot name, AMA #, frequency etc from the Matrix software?
That would be awesome!! [:p][:p]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Yup. [:D]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Now, nit pick time!! "Loses" only has one "o" not two!! Check the bottom lines of your sheets.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Only one spelling mistake? I find that hard to believe. There has to be more because I can't even spell my name w/out a spell check.[:I] Which sheets?

cc
Chunky C

Post by Chunky C »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cipoll717</i>
<br />Chunk,

if possible, can we print the frequency on the small heat cards?

M
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I didn't add them just for the reason lightning stated but I 'spose we can.

cc
lightning

Post by lightning »

Chunk, minor detail, but I'm referring to the score sheets, right at the bottom:
SCORE_SHEET_V2005_R1.pdf
SCORE_SHEET_V2005_R1.XLS

They both say:
*denotes pilot also <font color="red">looses</font id="red"> any positive points accrued in that round and is grounded for the remainder of the round
** denotes pilot also <font color="red">looses</font id="red"> any positive points accrued in that round and is grounded for the remainder of the event

They only need one "o", ie "loses"
Otherwise they look great!
Clear enough that even Cippolone should understand them[:D][:D]

Return to “Computer related issues - user supported”