Night flying at the Nats

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

dirko

Post by dirko »

Won't be as much fun without trees, will it Mike?[:)][:0]
Ten-man

Post by Ten-man »

Wow I've been a bad boy consuming barly before during and after night flying. We fly quarter 40's with glow sticks on them in Oklahoma.
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

As NATS Night Combat CD [8], I would like to report that the action was hot and heavy Friday night with Dr Evil [}:)] taking the win with at least 5 cuts. He even claimed a cut after a vicious mid air with my Battle Axe. It was incredible that both ships flew out of mind-numbing eye-crossing crowd-loving flat spins with each pilot flying his own plane. After seeing 'lights in the sky' [:0] some of the stuffy Pylon Pilots [8)] came by to see what the 'Motorcycle Gang of RC' was doing.

Safety was the primary focus and I am proud to report no injuries, near misses or lost little girls... [:D]

The combatants were, the best I can remember [:p], Mike Bohlman, Dr Evil, MC Hammer (Mark Cippolone), Darin 'Gimme that stick' Stevens and yours truly, Dawg. Captain America, (Sean Rupp) also got some practice and instruction in the Dark Art.

Well that is all till next year, get your glow sticks ready [8D] and to practice up, fly with your eyes closed whenever possible [|)]
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

We have got to get the night combat on video, it really looks like something out of Star Wars with all the bright lights.

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”