April Fools Combat!!!!

Pump your upcoming event here...location, cost, how many rounds, classes....etc!

Moderator: hbartel

Hooter

April Fools Combat!!!!

Post by Hooter »

OK......I don't want to step on the toe's of the Lone Star Nat's folks....but it's one month until the April Fool's Combat!!!!!!!

Boy oh Boy I am looking forward to this one....mainly so I can try to redeem myself
from the terrible 11th place performance at "Hot Lanta"!!!

Also I am ready to see all the folk's at the "Hilltop" and getting somemore of those
Famous Dave's ribs!!! Mainly I am tired of beating Tim and Alex....just this last weekend
Tim, Danny Wheeler, and myself were flying combat, and I beat Tim...

LIKE A <b><b><font color="red"><font size="4">"DAWG"</font id="size4"></font id="red"></b></b>....enough said!!!!

See you guy's Friday April 6th!!!
Don Pruitt

Post by Don Pruitt »

Well Mr. Hooter you just come on down. You may find out that there are worse things than finishing 11th, namely being beat by a girl. Sweet little Heather Cain, wife of the club Safety Officer, has been flying one of the late Jim Grizzle’s McGriz Bats and in the last two sessions of club combat has finished with a 1st and 2nd place. She has only been beat by “Dawgâ€
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hooter</i>
<br />Mainly I am tired of beating Tim and Alex....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
HAHA! Jimmy, I wonder how you keep beating me when I haven't even gotten to fly anything in four months?

Even after not flying anything for months before, I'll be plenty ready to take up the sticks and beat the indigenous Georgians in their native habitat! They could use a good whipping every once in a while. Maybe it would even keep the trash talk down?? Probably not... <i>they are Georgians</i>, after all... [:p]

See you guys there!
boiler

Post by boiler »

Hey Alex, there will be at least one Yankee down there so you Southern Bells can get a proper schoolin.
Hooter

Post by Hooter »

Don...Beer and Rib's and everybody getting together sounds like a great idea!!!!! We are so intense on gameday an little fun the night before will be great!!!

As for Ms. Cain....I have been beat down by a women (that I love dearly) for the last 32 years....so one more time will not hurt too much!!

Now...As for young Alex....the reason you can't fly with me is that you don't get out of bed before 3:oo in the afternoon...I have heard rumors that Alex has discovered the wonders of the
"Young Lady's"....tisk....tisk...these things have lead to the ruination of many a man!!!

But needless to say , I did beat Tim like a <font color="red"><font size="5">"DAWG"</font id="size5"></font id="red">
Tim Treneff

Post by Tim Treneff »

I keep tellin Jimmy "Hooter" he should watch the Hustler and Color of Money!

I'm saving "Big Pink" for the real DAWG. Old Barracuda and I will be fresh from the warm up rounds at the Lone Star NATS and Alex did get one flight in this month. Hooter has a new fleet of Battle Axes this year and is focused on the prize so it looks like the end of an era for the DAWG. I see a clean sweep for Tennessee.[:D]
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

Good thing there are 4 trophies... 1 for each Tennesseean... [:D]
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

Awlll right... I have had about enough of you boys throwing the <font color="red"><font size="4"><b>DAWG</b></font id="size4"></font id="red"> stuff around. Just want to let you know, I will be there and I'll be all over you Tennesseeans like a "<font color="blue"><font size="4"><b>Whale chomping on a Tic-Tac</b></font id="size4"></font id="blue">"

4 trophies for the Tennessee boys....lol
I would be willing to wager ya'll won't even win 1. The way I see it, the trophy takers will all have names that start with 'D'.

As far as <font color="pink"><font size="3"><b>BIG PINK</b></font id="size3"></font id="pink">, my Battle Axes love <font color="pink"><font size="3"><b>PINK</b></font id="size3"></font id="pink">, they say it tastes like <font color="yellow"><font size="4"><b>CHICKEN</b></font id="size4"></font id="yellow"> [}:)]

I might just join you boys at Famous Daves on Friday after some practice at the field. I plan to get there at least by noon. Got to protect the home field from you hooligans.
Tim Treneff

Post by Tim Treneff »

Well Dawg, If practice is gonna help, I'm afraid starting at noon Friday is a little late!

By the way is there only one "D" of death this year? We don't hear much from Darrin, Don, Don or Dave.

I guess only the "D" of death and the lady are flying this year? Just shows it was "Lou the Glue" that really made the "D's" of death!

And it just figures that you guys can't even beat a girl!

Don't expect the Barracuda or Hooter to be so easy[:D]
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Hi Tim,
I wish I could take credit for being the glue that binds the "D's of Death", but it is really <b>Don Pruitt.</b> He is the one that got them all flying combat and was the person who pushed for and organized the four contests per year at Hilltop. He really deserves the credit.

I don't want to make their heads swell up too much but I have to tell ya that the "D's" have probably scored more points in NPS and won more places in contests than any other group in the country with the possible exception of the Ohio/Indiana Wolfpack back in 2000 and 2001. I don't even think the Wolfpack kept up because they didn't travel much and the D's of Death have been as far North as the Nats and as far south as Palm Beach, Florida.
Don Pruitt

Post by Don Pruitt »

The theme of the next Hill Top combat is All Fool’s Day and this theme is depicted on the top of the trophies that will go to the top four finishers.

To use a few well worn clichés, “<i><font color="blue">Ah, to be young and foolish</font id="blue"></i>â€
Tim Treneff

Post by Tim Treneff »

Don,
Can you tell me what size that first place trophie is so I can clear a space on my shelf for it? By the way it would be fuelish to think april fuels was on April 7th!

I like the hats. Maybe we should all bring one and have a hat contest as well. That way the "D's" wouldn't go home empty handed!

The good news for the "D's" is that the Barracuda has another commitment and most likely won't make it. And yes he is a bit rusty. Although he led the first three rounds at Lone Star he did slip a bit in the end (see Lone Star Debrief). I guess we should have gone to the field at noon Friday and practiced!

The bad news for the "D's" is the rest of us are still coming! I saw Hooters new fleet today and he has some fine new Axe's in Vol Orange (not that G color). Alex builds a new fleet this week and I'm warmed up from Lone Star.

I've been practicing walking with one regular shoe and one platform shoe so I can walk normal on the "Hillside" with the rest of you. Since there are trees in front of the left half of the runway I've painted green trees on my bottom right sunglass lens so I can see a level horizon. With the sunglasses and custom shoes it should be a fair fight!

"Lou the Glue" your too modest to stick up for a bunch of boys (except the Don's) that were too scared to come to Tennesse last year. You might start helping them with their excuses for this year because Tennesse Dawgs hunt! Maybe the lady isn't as afraid as they are and will carry the flag! What have the "D's" done for you lately?
Don Pruitt

Post by Don Pruitt »

Tim,
The 1st place trophy is about 21 inches tall so be sure and make a big enough space.

Hmmmm… it looks like you Tennessee boys are getting pretty smart with the artificial horizon and platform shoe. We will have to try and think up some other kind of obstacles for you so that we can maintain some kind of advantage.

Congratulations are in order for Chris and your 4th and 5th place finishes at the Lone Star. We are looking forward to seeing some of that “Pilot Stuffâ€
Vapor52

Post by Vapor52 »

Hey!!!!!! the Wolfpack visited Atlanta, Ga., Milwaulkee, Wisconsin, Waverly, Ne., then as far west as Billings, Montana! Billings is over 1600 miles!!!!------rick
boiler

Post by boiler »

Rick, want a ride down to TX next year? I'm planning on making it to CO at least once this year and could use an extra driver.

Return to “Upcoming event?!?”