Throttle Arm

Tell us what you do to get the best performance from your engines.

Moderator: hbartel

Pathous

Throttle Arm

Post by Pathous »

I got tired of replacing broken throttle arms on my os 25's. While at my LHS. I noticed he had some metal replacement arms for magnums. After checking them out they looked like they would work on the os. I bought a few and put one on. It works well and now I will not be breaking plastic throttle arms again.
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Great Idea!! I'll have top check it out..you wouldn't happen to have a part number would you?

Cash
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

No broken throttle arms, but better stock up on gear sets for your throttle servo.

It`s the weak link rule. If you beef up one link, the next weakest link will fail.

Tim T. (don`t want to butcher his last name) was using a good setup at LSN. It`s a two piece throttle push-rod. The threaded part of the rods are held together next to each other in the center with the right size of fuel tubing. The threads interlock, but will slip when forced. Tim also used the "adjustment" to close down his carb, when he was tacking too high in SSC.
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

I like to use a cable type pushrod on the throttle to save servo gears.
Pathous

Post by Pathous »

Part number is 282202. I use metal gears on my throttle servo also the pushrod bends easily.
RH

Post by RH »

No need to use the threaded part if your fuel line is long enough. There is plenty of friction there [:)]

r
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

I don`t use many throtle servos any more. But, that looks like a good solution to me. Unless you have plenty of MG servos laying around to use on the Th.
boiler

Post by boiler »

If using a heavy servo that is fine. I found if using a hs55 you have too much friction. I switched to a very small gauge soft wire from the hardware store. I also make sure the wire is a little long so it has a little bow in it. That way any pressure on the servo will bend the wire very easily.