2007 NATS T-Shirt Graphic

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Yeah, I was using autofocus, trying different settings. I am still playing with my new 'toy'. Thanks for the advice.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

Ed,

Those are nice pictures! Very well composed.

I think you said somewhere that you had a Nikon Digital SLR. Using my Rebel XT and Sigma 70-300mm 3.5-5.6 lens (slow), I get the best results using a non-continuous AF method (not AI servo). I focus and then snap the picture immediately. Unless it's a mid-air where I want a rapid series of picture, I refocus for each picture.

The main reason the planes in these pictures are blurry appears to be because of shutter speed, because one plane in each picture (the one you were following with with camera) is more or less sharp (in focus). I generally need at least 1/800 or faster shutter speed to stop the action. Just bump up the ISO to whatever it takes to get at least 1/800.

Nice pictures, and I vote for number 2. The extra sky could be cropped out leaving the focus on the planes in the furball!
Viat

Post by Viat »

Hey guys,
I like photo #1
Hooter

Post by Hooter »

# 2 is a great picture but....Tim's head is big enough already!!! He will be unbearable at the WTRCF!!!!!![V]
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Here is #1 with a minor edit and tweak. If most folks are happy, I will send it to Bob to go get the shirts made
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

How can I argue with that picture? It`s got to be the best of all, for sure. LOL
boiler

Post by boiler »

Gee Lee, looks like the bottom of your plane made it to the picture.[:D][;)] I have to admit, it is an improved picture. Especially when you notice your plane has no streamers!!![;)][}:)]
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Better get your eyes checked Bob. What`s that skinny black thing on my right wing?
boiler

Post by boiler »

I do have problems with my eyes Lee. I thought that was part of your fin at first. It still lookes naked compared to most times I see it in the air. The round must have only been 10 seconds old.[;)]
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ed Kettler</i>
<br />Image

Here is #1 with a minor edit and tweak. If most folks are happy, I will send it to Bob to go get the shirts made
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ed, Here is one more tweak to really make the image shine! The more planes, the more exciting it is!

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”