KI43 with her clothes on

You got a cool electric WWII combat rig? This is the place to show it off!

Moderator: hbartel

Rabbit Leader

KI43 with her clothes on

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Okay, here's the next set of pics for the KI-43..I got the color shceme out of a book loaned to me by Ed Kettler, but it's downstairs right now so I'll post the squadron and unit later..(yeah I'm lazy). I WAS going to do a plane that was green topside and aluminum bottom, but I was out of both OD and Dark Green covering, so I found a bird that was all aluminum. The glare shield in front is supposewd to be "purple-blue", but all I had was insignia blue, so there ya have it. The decals and yellow wing stripes are from the GWS Zero decal set, covering is aluminum Ultrakote, as are the red stripes near the tail, the white panels are Monokote. I almost ran out of aluminum, and had to cover the fuse in scraps,and hide the seams best I could. Looks like she'll be at 28 ounces all up, plus or minus a half ounce or so. I'm using the Electrifly 35-36-1000 motor, an Electrifly 25 amp ESC, Berg 4 channel reciever and 2 Bluebird metal gear servos that are just over a half ounce apiece...I'm using torque rods for the ailerons, and yeah, I built in some fillets for the wings 'cause I just couldn't help myself..here's the pics, sans motor or servos..

Let me know what you guys think. I should have all the guts installed by the end of the week, I'll post the weight when she's done..
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Really beautiful job of a nice subject Cash. I like the colors too. I can`t help imagining targets instead if red balls on the wings though, sorry.
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Thanks buddy...she looks almost as good close up..we get to see how she flies weekend after next..
boiler

Post by boiler »

Looks too good to fly combat.[;)]
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

very purty!
slam

Post by slam »

awsome plane......too nice for combat!!!!!

slam
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by slam</i>
<br />awsome plane......too nice for combat!!!!!

slam
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That's sacralidge, there is no such thing as "too pretty for combat"
jpmorere

Post by jpmorere »

That's a pretty airplane. I wanna see it fly! Better yet, I want to see it in combat! [:D]

J.P.
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Thanks guys..the pictures hide some of the flaws in the covering, and there is a distinct line where the foam turtledeck and balsa fuse meet, that i just could not get rid of. Once you cover a plane, all the imperfections become highlighted. Still, she IS a purty bird, and it's gonna be even prettier on Ed's or Lee's six...[:D]
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rabbit Leader</i>
<br />and it's gonna be even prettier on Ed's or Lee's six...[:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

right before the midair[}:)][:0]
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Keep it up Ed, and we'll see how the Yak does in a ramming attack....[:p]
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Got her finished, RTF weight with a Commonsense 2000 is 28,6 ounces..now we gotta test her..
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

No pics, but the KI flew this weekend..all I can say is SHHWWEEETT!! This plane is the best flying 3696 I've built yet, bar none. It turns well, grooves well, and I was comfortable enough with her that I was making strafing passes down the field on the first flight. It has a lot better rate of climb than I expected, and really picks up speed downhill..once you level off, however, the 9000 rpm limitation keeps the speed sane and reasonable. I LIKE it!!! The motor , batter and esc stayed cool thruout both flights, too. Think I may have to build another..

Cash
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">That's a pretty airplane. I wanna see it fly! Better yet, I want to see it in combat!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I wanna see a Wildcat...[;)]
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

WOW!! Cash That's a NICE looking bird you've built there! [:D][;)] All it needs is a few streamers draped over the wings![:D]

I'm D-99[;)]

Return to “Electric WWII Fighters”