Replacement Muffler for 25 FX

Tell us what you do to get the best performance from your engines.

Moderator: hbartel

dirko

Replacement Muffler for 25 FX

Post by dirko »

I need a replacement muffler for my 25 FX for Limited B. The OS is 21.99 at Tower. Has anyone used anything elese?[?]
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

I think the GMS muffler will fit. Can someone confirm that? Also a magnum muffler will fir also. The .25 or .28 They are a lot cheaper usually.
combatgoblin

Post by combatgoblin »

The M.D.S. .28 muffler fits.
Cross Check

Post by Cross Check »

I believe the GMS muffler will fit. Its been 5-6yrs since I've seen a GMS around here.
I remember helping to look for more than a few GMS mufflers that fell off during a round.

Some of the pilots here use the .25 Pitts style mufflers inside the cowls of their radial engined fighters. They are durable in hard dirtnaps because they don't hang out so far. Same performance as a stock O.S.FX muffler.

I replace the O.S.FX phillips muffler screws with hex head ones from the LHS. I also have a habit of safety wiring on my mufflers. (From my old Magnum GP/Pro days...)

Take care,
Have fun,
Dave'crosscheck'Fallowfield
Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team
Ont. Canada
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

A good candidate is the Magnum 36XLS muffler. It is a lot like the Mag 28XL muffler except it has an additional center section, which makes it about the same length as a stock 25FX muffler (the 28XL muffler is much shorter). the center section is just a cylinder, no baffle like the 15LA muffler. it's $12.99 from hobbypeople.net and i think they only chage 3 or 4 bucks shipping for small boxes. ps the magnum xls 15 muffler fits the 15 FP/LA as well and is only $11.95.
dirko

Post by dirko »

Thanks for your help. I will check it out. You guys are the best![:D]
RH

Post by RH »

dirko, what do you suppose it costs to ship a muffler from CO to IA? I have some brand new 25OSFX muffs gathering dust. Send 10 bucks and I'll mail you one or maybe 2...

r
dirko

Post by dirko »

Randy

Will you be at NATS??
RH

Post by RH »

No, unfortunately I can't swing the NATS this year.

r
dirko

Post by dirko »

Thanks for your offer a check will be on it's way.[:D]