Brushless Combat Help NEEDED

You got a cool electric WWII combat rig? This is the place to show it off!

Moderator: hbartel

TwistedProp

Brushless Combat Help NEEDED

Post by TwistedProp »

We`re still flyin` 2610 up here, and I`d like to try some brushless set-ups..need to get the speed up to the 25fx tweaked with the Kentucty can ( over 19K ) Found some good cheap motors and such from United Hobbies in China, and have had really good results from some parkflyer sized ones..still kinda new to the E-Power..just a few basic parameters would be cool..I`d like to keep in the 3s1p 2200 mah range but probably need 4s, maybe around 60 amps, 600-800W, and I know the prop size important. My planes are around 3-3.5 lbs( HEAVY ARMOR [}:)] ) My KI-64 to date has 50 rounds of combat( 3 years), at least 10 major mid-airs(flew right thru `em) and only knocked out in 1 meet (that was when a buddy was flyin` my back-up Mig,same armor, in the same round and we had a mid-air [B)], it was the last round tho) Anyway thanks for any help..oh yea, would like to check out some E-power for Open-B too...
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

TP, to my knowledge I`m the only one who have fielded an electric 2610 with the power to keep up with a 25fx on a pipe, and I can tell you that a 3s or even 4s 2200 will not even get you close to the power that you need. At the Nats this year I was running 5s4400 mah (that`s about 21oz worth of batteries btw) and was cooking batteries. My airframe less batteries/ motor/esc only weighed about 21oz, it had almost no armor, and I barely made weight at 3.5oz.

I used the same power system in B, and with better cooling it worked pretty well, but it`s still far too early for me to recommend the stuff I`m using to anyone. I`m not sure how long the batts or motors will last under the abuse I`m inflicting on them.

According to some folks, there may be some super atomic batteries comming out at any time from Area 51 that will only be 1/4th the weight of lipos and put out 8 times the power. I would suggest that you wait until those are released to the RC market before you invest in electrics for 2610.

If my Open B stuff holds up well enough for the remainder of the year, I`ll write a thread this Winter on what I`m doing with that.

BTW what`s your name, and where`s "up here" exactly?
TwistedProp

Post by TwistedProp »

Thanks for the info..looks like I`ll have to wait alittle while...there must be a big jump going from parkflyer size to this size..I have an E-Flite P-38 running these little brushless at 2.2 lbs has ALOT of power ( maybe 50 mph or better ) it would make an awesome mid-air..[}:)]..lol It is tough to beat a tweaked fx w/can even against any other nitro..starts every time,never seem to miss a lick..I`m in western Idaho where the air is thinner, no SSC, no 2548, just 2610 and open b. I would like to do the 2548 or SSC, but hear tell that they don`t do well here..thanks...Jerry Haines

Return to “Electric WWII Fighters”