AMA District X Rules Committee Rep.

Moderator: hbartel

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Sad to see this thread end with a long silent pause.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by THend</i>
<br />I think the important thing is to fly what you like, and have fun doing it.

We have learned that Scale can be flown without NPS, the NATS, the RCCA or anyone else and still be fun. The problem IMHO is that scale kits need to be available, durable, easy to build etc.. So, we need kits, to get kits we need to settle on a platform.

If we can settle on a 48 inch wingspan platform for scale, then I believe scale will be flown around the country alot more as kits become available. Now, which version you choose to fly should be based upon what makes you happy.

If you are having fun, that is the true test.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Terry has the right idea If the rules for the platform are simple and set in stone the manufacters will commit and make easy to build kits. Would you commit tooling and design to somthing that might change next week?
THend

Post by THend »

Well, if there is someone taking up the challenge, I would hope to hear from them here..[:)]
Pathous

Post by Pathous »

For those interested in knowing whats going on. Rich Hansen has appointed me as the district X rules committee rep.
Thanks"
boiler

Post by boiler »

Congrats. Thanks for stepping up.
Yankee Samurai

Post by Yankee Samurai »

Scott,
Way to go man. Be chatting with you.
montague

Post by montague »

Welcome to the rules committee.

There should be a lot to read and go through this cycle. Hopefully we can pass through a lot of the proposals on the first ballot and then shake things out during the cross-proposal step. After all, nothing goes in to the rule book until after the 2nd vote. So the first vote only matters if you want to really kill something dead.

Anyone put in a proposal to put SSC in the rule book? Anyone know?
THend

Post by THend »

Thank you very much Scott! You have our support, and we want to work with you to make RC Combat better.

Whew! This is good news..
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Scott Thank you. I think from this thread you have my opinion on how to boost participation and get manufactures to buy into combat as a viable market. FWIW

Return to “Trends in Participation”