Berg receivers

Here's the place to chat about radios, transmitter, receivers, batteries, and everything related to your radio gear.

Moderator: hbartel

Uh-Oh

Post by Uh-Oh »

Odd that you mention that Mike because, I had a similar, very similar, situation.

I bought a new 9C Futaba on channel 56 and while testing with an audio scanner at the field, I found that it had a very faint "ghost" on channel 11! I swapped modules with a couple of friends and the "ghost" traveled with the module.

I never had any glitches, and sought out a guy at another field I fly at that was on CH-11. With my Tx on and his Tx off, his plane would not respond to my Tx at all right up to touching antennae but, his Rx was a dual conversion Futaba.

I replaced the module in my 9C with a synthesized version and sent the original CH-56 module in for repairs. They claimed to not be able to duplicate the problem but sent me a new one anyway. Hmmmmm...

While this long and drawn out story is a moot point for me as I no longer have any 72Mhz stuff, I have to wonder if there is some kind of reflection that is happening. Mike's CH-57 to CH-12 and my CH-56 to CH-11. Coincidence? Maybe.... (Twilight Zone music here)
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

Lower quality single conversion stuff can do wierd things. I flew a GWS rx once, and just kept thinking it wasn't right. I never lost control, or had a glitch, but it just didn't respond properly. After landing I was poking through the transmitter programming and noticed the tx was set to PCM mode...Switched to PPM and didn't have a problem. But it seemed odd to me that the rx would still respond.
jj

Post by jj »

I have several Bergs' I've used them for years and prefer them to other rxs. They are small light and essentially bullet proof.
In fact while I still have some 555s I'd probably sell them to go all Berg or spectrum.

I use the real tiny bergs too. They are just as reliable and practically weigh nothing.

Berg is the original engineer for the Kraft radios back when they ruled they RC skys.