RCCA Promotion to AMA clubs

Moderator: hbartel

Alex Treneff

RCCA Promotion to AMA clubs

Post by Alex Treneff »

The RCCA does almost zero promotion. How does everyone feel about mailing promotions to the AMA clubs, asking that they pass out the information (attractive flyers, etc) or play the video (CDs?) at their club meetings.

If we could all figure out what literature to send out, and the RCCA covered the cost of labels and envelopes, I would volunteer to help print address lables and mail to the chartered clubs listed on AMA's website.

If 11 guys, one from each district, volunteered we could send out promotional material to all the clubs clear accross the country pretty easily.

If you actually look into the cost to bulk-order promotional material, it's actually not that expensive.
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

heres another volunteer, whats the plan?
RH

Post by RH »

Alex, I like the direction you are headed with this. So I started thinking about how information like this disseminates through the entire club membership and how I receive information from different clubs and organizations and I have to think e-mail will hit more people quicker and cheaper. Preparation of a nice electronic brochure that could go as an attachment to clubs for distributioin to their members might reach the masses without so much stamp licking.

r
boiler

Post by boiler »

I was thinking the same thing Randy. It's 40 degrees wamer here in Fl than Ohio.[8D]
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RH</i>
<br />Alex, I like the direction you are headed with this. So I started thinking about how information like this disseminates through the entire club membership and how I receive information from different clubs and organizations and I have to think e-mail will hit more people quicker and cheaper. Preparation of a nice electronic brochure that could go as an attachment to clubs for distributioin to their members might reach the masses without so much stamp licking.

r
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Randy,

I gave that some serious thought. We just want to make sure we don't get accused of spamming clubs. Since we're an AMA SIG we might be able to get away with it.

I will start working on how to put a nice-looking PDF together. I've got a copy of the brochure that was made a year or two ago. I'll gather some text from the site, get some good furball pictures, verbiage about what combat is and all that.

AMA has redone the "Club Lookup" page of their website and it's very easy to get e-mail addresses for 95% of the clubs.
(though the "lookup" feature itself is hard to find. The only link I could find was out of place at the bottom of the page.)
dirko

Post by dirko »

The winter months in the clubs in the Midwest brings a need for meeting programs.

I gave presentions last winter in both of our local clubs. It looks good to eventually get combat started in the Quad City area!!

Or at least I'll have a couple of guys to practice with.

[:D]
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

I'm about 1/2 done with the first draft in Publisher. I'll post it here as a PDF when finished. [8D]
boiler

Post by boiler »

Thanks Alex.[:)]
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

I did prepare a brochure (trifold) that should be in the documents I turned over, along with a handout flier.
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Ed,
Alex mentioned that brochure up the thread. It is an excellent promotional piece for combat and should be used by all members who want to promote combat.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

I've got the draft of flyer almost done. I'll probably be able to post a PDF thursday night.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

I know this an old thread, but is there a brochure availiable to promote combat? I very fortunate, my club has a combat event but it is still hard to recruit new guys. I have been offering a plane to anybody who would like to try it. I would even offer them to try one of my fully fly able planes and have club combat. I usually have a spad dogfighter availiable. any more thoughts?
THend

Post by THend »

The build-a-thons we have been having has really bumped the participation level back up in our area.

I think everyone wants to try combat, but very few know how to actually build a plane.

If there were good combat ARFs available, it would help.

Back in the day, I used to sell the SPADs in ARF form. I was buying dozens of them from Kraut and Tattoo and selling them like hotcakes. Folks could give combat a go for little money and effort.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

having planes availiable helps but the hit of a os 25fx and servos is also a deal breaker. I need to get a few spads dogfighters built and have them for sale. I really like your build-a-thons, that sure has helped alot in your area. there are about 6 or 7 guys in our club that fly combat but 3 wont travel. there is another club 15 min away but all they like to do is pylon race. John Z even gave a demo at that club a few years back and didnt get any takers. when I see a good pilot, I ask them if they would like to try, most say no because of the carnage or they are just into other types of flying. well we will just keep trying. I would like to see the brouchure that was developed. we gota keep it going
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

DO you have a DVD to distibute. We can use it at club meetings and we will be putting on a display at the county fair in January (yes we have our fairs in the winter in FL) An exciting video would do wonders than a brochure

Return to “Trends in Participation”