Silver or Gray Packing Tape??

All things related to 2548 Scale

Moderator: hbartel

sgilkey

Silver or Gray Packing Tape??

Post by sgilkey »

Anybody know of a source for silver or gray packing tape that could be used for covering a 2548 plane in a color similar to a bare-metal or silver/gray painted finish such as on a P-51? U-line and Fast Pack don't list such a color and a search did not uncover any source. Thanks.
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Scott, you might try New Creations RC in Willis, Texas, they're showing Zagi (packing) tape in OD and gray Here's the link:
http://www.newcreations-rc.com/ProductL ... catlevel=2
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

JKAerotech has gray tape, and also a chrome tape. The Chrome is very expensive-$20 bucks a roll I think.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by crash_out</i>
<br />JKAerotech has gray tape, and also a chrome tape. The Chrome is very expensive-$20 bucks a roll I think.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

And be sure <b>NOT</b> to embed your antenna under the chrome tape.[B)]
RH

Post by RH »

Scott, everything I have done in silver, gray and chrome seems to just disappear once airborne but maybe it's just old geezer eye syndrome....

r
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. To me, a Mustang's not a Mustang if it's not silver! Preferably with invasion stripes! Brian's searching for alternative color schemes....
BenJammin

Post by BenJammin »

I'm kinda partial to a silver mustang myself.

I agree with Randy, gray does get hard to see. Invasion stripes help a lot, just don't put them on both sides. :D

crash_out

Post by crash_out »

I like the schemes with multiple color options-ie the gray or silver and od, or the ones with the blue wings, tial, and fuse top and yellow nose.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

how'd you get that photo of Rick Fraley on the nose of your 'Stang????
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

What's the powerplant on the Mustang, BenJammin?
BenJammin

Post by BenJammin »

It's a BP 2915-5D, 45 amp esc and a 4S 4000mah lipo with a 9x6 MA prop. I made it to 2610 specs, we don't fly 2610 around here but I like warbirds and that scale seems to work well with coro. I would say power would be slightly better than a .25 FP but not quite an FX. It weighs right on 3 lbs and has plenty of power for sport flying.