Video of Lee`s Ta152 for 2548

All things related to 2548 Scale

Moderator: hbartel

Lee Liddle

Video of Lee`s Ta152 for 2548

Post by Lee Liddle »

Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

Lee, you must have had the camera hanging on your kneck against your chest? What an idea! (and a pretty plane, too! [:D])
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Here`s the trick

It`s a little tricky to get it aimed just right, but it`s easy to follow the plane if you get it aimed.
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

Looks great Lee. Great idea on the helmet cam. Are you putting the batteries in the Fuse still? Also, any comments on the LongMax batteries now that you have been using them for a while?

Thanks for the link, it led to videos of Amy Lee of Evanesence, she was much better to look at. :)
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

The batteries mount vertically in the fuse just in front of the canopy. I`ll post some pics of how the plane is set up.

The Loong Max batteries are working great so far. I`ve slacked off some on keeping track of cycles, but some of them have 10 to 15 cycles on them. These are the 25C type. When running them set at 10 to 11c static and flying them full throttle for 5min they come down barley warm. They are staying balanced very well.

If I drain them too far they will get out of balance, but with a charger like the CellPro they come right back into balance.

They are all still as hard as a rock, not soft at all.

After the flight on the video I checked the voltage. All 8 cells were exactly at 3.76.

I highly recommend these batteries.
THend

Post by THend »

Cool! I can't see the video because my employer blocks Youtube..

There are a few glider types out here that do the video camera on the helmet thing, while having a radar gun on tripod in front of them, while trying to go 200 mph! YIKES! They need to validate that they flew XXX speed, and video does a good job. Get a fast pass, look at the radar gun to capture the moment. Nuts..

Anywho, I just got an inflight camera that will switch between video and pictures by flipping an aux switch on the Tx. Once I get it going, I'll post.

Where are you getting these batteries? United?
Web-Pilot

Post by Web-Pilot »

Terry,

What is the downlink frequency band of the on-board video camera that you have?

Thanks,
George
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Where are you getting these batteries? United?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes, but their new name is Hobby City.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lee Liddle</i>
<br />Here`s the trick

It`s a little tricky to get it aimed just right, but it`s easy to follow the plane if you get it aimed.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Lee, did you attach velcro to the camera?

I saw a cute little Sony Digital video camera for $150 at walmart earlier, but it only had 4x optical zoom. I meant to look it up online and get the rest of the stats.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Yes I used industrial strength velcro. I bought the camera online for about $50. It`s cheap quality, but it works.
THend

Post by THend »

No downlink at all. You can flip a switch on your tx to change between taking video and stills. You get up to 60 minutes of video and or a bunch of stills.

http://www.rcplanecams.com/camcart/

I got the PocketCamX. I have not done any flight with it, but plan on trying to capture some combat action one way or another!
mark s

Post by mark s »

Wow lee, Nice plane. That's fastest 2548 plane I have ever seen. Infact I think it's faster then some 2610 planes. It looks about 5 times faster then my Corsairs.

Roid
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

The great innovator at work again!

Nice job Lee. Had to wait until I got home to watch the video. Looks very competitive. I've just got in from the garage from working on getting my 2548 birds ready for the season ... all the hot/cold cycles made them look like wrinkled old men[:I]

I've got my priorities already set for LSN for Cash to run into or saw off the tails[}:)]

What's the delivery time on the batteries from China? I got an order on the way from UH.

Great job!
THend

Post by THend »

Finally got to see the video, very nice flying plane Lee. Looks like it would be competitive. I was surprised, you'd think because it is elecric it would be quiet.

Waiting on my batteries too![:D]
tiger_musky

Post by tiger_musky »

Lee,

WOW!!! What an accomplishment with the electrics. I can't even imagine the time, money, and energy you have put into getting the right combination of electrics for that plane.

Nate