Congratulations Brian!

This is where we discuss pilot recognition. What do you do to recognize Sierra Hotel pilots? Tell us your ideas!

Moderator: hbartel

Feathers

Congratulations Brian!

Post by Feathers »

Just looking through the new February Model Aviation and see that Brian Gilkey is listed as the recipient of both the Charles Hampson Grant Scholarship and the Sig Memorial Scholarship.

It further lists that Brian is intending to attend Kettering University with an intended major in mechanical engineering.

I think the scholarship committee made a great choice in helping to support Brian's education and future.

Congratulations Brian
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Hi Brian,
Saw the great write up in MA and wanted to congratulate you. It is good to see hard work, perserverance and a positive attitude rewarded and you have consistently shown all three attributes. Great news Brian, my hats off to you.
boiler

Post by boiler »

Great job Brian! Education is something that can never be taken away from you. It's great when you can get scholarships to pay for it as well.

Oh Lou, congrats on LSU beating OSU in the championship game.
Vapor52

Post by Vapor52 »

Atta boy Brian! Lucky day Lou----------rick
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

<font size="4">Way ta go Brian! Can't wait for my issue to check it out! Congrats to "The Kid"!</font id="size4">
dirko

Post by dirko »

<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial"><font size="4"></font id="size4"><font color="blue"></font id="blue">
Way to go Brian! Congrtulations and good luck in your studies.[8D]
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

We haven't even gotten our mag yet!!! Can't wait to see it!

When Brian got the call from AMA and then called me I thought he was joking, we were both thrilled that he got the award!

The mag lead times are so long- he's since decided to go to MSU instead of Kettering but the money's been SPENT!! It goes fast!

He's had a few guys say "my dues are paying for your college so you gotta give me some CUTS" but sorry guys the scholarship funds come from endowments so he doesn't owe you guys ANY CUTS, DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO ASK!!!
Dr. Kamakaze

Post by Dr. Kamakaze »

Congrats Brian! A college education will serve you well!! Get as many scholarships as you can...I've been out of college for 10 years this year and will make my last student loan payment in 4 months, student loans will keep ya poor for a while... See you at the NATS.
Dr. Andy Runte of TEAM KAMAKAZE
RCCA #876
AMA #273119
mark s

Post by mark s »

Congrtulations Brian! By the way, Peyton said he could help you with the girls!

Roid
Bo_Connolly

Post by Bo_Connolly »

Way To Go Brian [:)]!!!

Congratulations and Good Luck In School !!!

Take Care,
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. This was a really great honor and shock when i got the call from the AMA.

Its just another thing that adds to all the great experiences that i have had with modeling, truely something you could never forget!!!
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

The 20 mule team finally made it to Texas yesterday with my copy of MA,so I was finally able to read what everybody has been congratulating Brian about last night.

Brian, I can't think of another young man more deserving of the scholarships. Best of luck on your studies, and I hope that you can find time to compete while you are in college.

Scott, ya dun good raisin' the youngun[:D]
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

Does this mean you have to help with the homework to now Scott? From PBG to HWG or does Brian do his own homework? Seriously glad to see the money go to somebody that needed educating... did that come out right?

Congrats Brian.
grasshpr

Post by grasshpr »

That's really cool Brian! Congratulations and best of luck!
So much for the old apple not falling far from the tree cliche.. ;)
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ed Kettler</i>
<br /> ............. Best of luck on your studies, and I hope that you can find time to compete while you are in college..............
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Actually Ed, us Old Geezers were hoping his studies WOULD get in the way of combat - give the old folks a chance!! [:D][:D][:D]

On a more serious note - good stuff Brian, well deserved.
(Now can I have my streamer back?!)