Stupid question

What's a Watt? What's a Brushless? How many Watts are in a HorsePower? Help a clueless pilot out by posting your P=E*I Knowledge here!

Moderator: hbartel

combatgoblin

Stupid question

Post by combatgoblin »

I tried my airplane the other day the motor was turning 9400 RPM how
do I slow it down to 9000 rpm? Not a computer radio.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Buy a computer radio[:D]

Try using the throttle trim
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ed Kettler</i>
<br />Buy a computer radio[:D]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The 3696 rules don't specify anything about the tach check, but in SSC the it's done at full throttle.
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Alex Treneff</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ed Kettler</i>
<br />Buy a computer radio[:D]

The 3696 rules don't specify anything about the tach check, but in SSC the it's done at full throttle.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Alex, SSC does allow the use of throttle ATV to close the carb down. This still means the stick is a full throttle for the tach check though, even if the carb is not fully open.
combatgoblin

Post by combatgoblin »

Alex your right I do need a computer radio and it sounds like your
going to send me one free with no shipping charges.
Thanks Buddy
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by combatgoblin</i>
<br />Alex your right I do need a computer radio and it sounds like your
going to send me one free with no shipping charges.
Thanks Buddy

Don, I didn't say you need a computer radio. In fact I don't use any of the computerized functions on my radio. Just adjust the thottle linkage and/or nitro and it's good to go. If you're using an electric, there may be other ways to adjust without the computerized functions.

Return to “All About Electrics”