WANTED Norvel .061 AME

Want to unload some combat equipment? Here's the place to do it.

Moderator: hbartel

M. Gillette

WANTED Norvel .061 AME

Post by M. Gillette »

I'm looking to build a one or two Hat Trick 1/2A planes before spring for the upcoming season and I really want a Norvel AME.

If anyone has one they want to get rid of, please let me know!
Thanks,
Mike Gillette
mark s

Post by mark s »

I have 2! Did you get your tape?

Roid
M. Gillette

Post by M. Gillette »

Yes I did get the tape, that has been on my mind every day![:I] Sorry I havent gotten back to you yet in that.

What condition are the motors in, and how much??

Thanks!
Mike G.
mark s

Post by mark s »

The engines are in good condition. How much do you want to pay?

Roid
lightning

Post by lightning »

Hey Mike, seeing as it's 'Roid who has 'em I'd ask him how much he'll pay you to take them off his hands! [:D][:D][:D]
M. Gillette

Post by M. Gillette »

Mark,

I dont want to insult you with too low an offer without seeing the motors first. How much run time is on them? Do they need anything??
Will they come with wrenches,glow plugs??

Thanks!
Mike
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Mike, I have three AMEs. Two are REVLITEs and one is the pre-REVLITE. (In my experience, I can see no real difference, in terms of running/operating characteristics, between the pre-REVLITE and REVLITE engines). one REVLITE is u/c, one is r/c. The non-REVLITE is r/c. All are used but excellent condition, fully prepped for combat (there's a bunch of stuff to do to prep a Norvel for combat, you can read about it in the 1/2A combat articles Brian and I wrote a couple of years back). $50 each for any of the AMEs.

I also have two NIB AP Wasp .061s. Being a speed freak you probably won't want these as they are not as powerful as the Norvel by about 1k rpm but they are perfectly adequate for combat. Their needle valve is a bit sloppy, but they have a bronze bushed cranckase which is nice, so there are pluses and minuses. $35 each.

Some guys say the AMEs have more power but to me, on the props that seem to work best on planes like the Hat Trick Arrow, the AME, Big Mig, and AP are pretty close. I think the AME is stronger at very high revs, but at the range we run them on 5.7x3 or 6x2 props, they all get the job done! As with any combat class, more power helps, but enough is better if you can get a good, reliable run. These engines can be a bit finicky.....
mark s

Post by mark s »

Mike,

You should buy the engines that Scott is offering. I'm not sure that I even want to sell mine. The price would have to be right.

Roid
M. Gillette

Post by M. Gillette »

Mark,
Check your E-Mail I setteled up for the tape, THANKS!! I understand about the engines once there gone there gone.
Thanks Anyway!!
Mike G.
M. Gillette

Post by M. Gillette »

Hey Scott,
I've read your and Brian's article, and everything else I can find on the net about these little engines. I'm still unclear about glow plug interchanability between the Norvel models.

I'm leaning towards the RC REVLITE and a Wasp. Does the Norvel have a screwed, or glued on carb?

Thanks!
Mike
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

the pre-REVLITE have glued-in carbs and REVLITE have bolted-in. The bolted in seem to eventually become sloppy, the glued in are more air-tight but on a couple of mine with sloppy carbs, they still ran reliably....
Yankee Samurai

Post by Yankee Samurai »

There's one on Ebay.
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Mike,
I have an .061 AME new in the box, never run. I will send it to you and if you like it you can make an offer on it. If you don't just send it back.
rdc767

Post by rdc767 »

Lou
I like to try a 50" Plasma, got any I could try out? I'll send you some money if I like it ;)
Ron
boiler

Post by boiler »

Hi Ron. Still building the ugly planes? I got a few that I could compete with you. Wanna play???