Real Flight G3.5 G4.0 Combat!

When you can't fly R/C, kick some butt with your PC!

Moderator: hbartel

dareman

Real Flight G3.5 G4.0 Combat!

Post by dareman »

The new Great Planes Real Flight Rocks!

You can log into the multi player mode and have several planes flying at once. Your name is in small letters so you know who is flying.

It even has a chat window so you can "talk" with one another as you are flying.

The only down side is you are limited to aircraft. The Extra Special would probably work well. Especially with smoke as a streamer.

We were using P-51 to fly in a group.
duncanj

Post by duncanj »

I have that and it is very cool....I wish someone would design a combat plane and they could figure out how to put a streamer on there so someone could try to cut it off!!!! Let me know when you usually get on and your screen name and I could fly w/ you sometime[:D]
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

I'm going to work on designing a couple of combat planes (SSC/OPEN B) that we can use, but I don't know how to make them work in a combat simulator. I'll play with it "during the off season" and see what happens.
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

Here is an image of the CAD model of the BattleAxe that I am working on (so far) After I get it working right, I'm going to do the Avenger and perhaps the PhencePost,etc.

If there is anybody out there that has experience converting 3D CAD models into a format compatible with RealFlight, FSOne, etc., let me know because I could sure use your help!

boiler

Post by boiler »

You young whipper snappers are great. I hope you figure it out before us old geezers forget how to use a computer.[;)] Our fingers/thumbs get real rusty in the off season.[;)]
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boiler</i>
<br />You young whipper snappers are great. I hope you figure it out before us old geezers forget how to use a computer.[;)] Our fingers/thumbs get real rusty in the off season.[;)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Young whipper snapper, eh...? Bob, I'm 55 years old. Yeah, I'm a little younger than some, but I think I'm older than most. I used to program computers with raw wires with banana plugs on a punch board... But thanks for the sentiments.
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gsjames</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boiler</i>
<br />You young whipper snappers are great. I hope you figure it out before us old geezers forget how to use a computer.[;)] Our fingers/thumbs get real rusty in the off season.[;)]

Young whipper snapper, eh...? Bob, I'm 55 years old. Yeah, I'm a little younger than some, but I think I'm older than most. I used to program computers with raw wires with banana plugs on a punch board... But thanks for the sentiments.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">And don't forget the vacuum tubes!
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">And don't forget the vacuum tubes!

Vacuum tubes??? Nah, we just smashed rocks together...[:)]
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gsjames</i>
<br />Vacuum tubes??? Nah, we just smashed rocks together...[:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">OK then, how about the pot panels?
First computer I used (1967) was an analog with pots and patch panels. Generated about 40Kw of heat that was used to heat the building!
I don't even remember the name or model # any more [:0]
Vapor

Post by Vapor »

and I thought I was old!
boiler

Post by boiler »

In years, I have you all beat.[;)] But RC Combat is what keeps me young.[:)]
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">OK then, how about the pot panels?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Nah, that's a little before my time, but I do seem to remember an analog computer that we used for simulating automatic flight control systems or something. Can't remember, I've got CRS [;)]

I remember visiting the NORAD communications facility at Richards-Gebaur AFB when I was a kid. They showed us "the computer". It was vacuum tubes and big, noisy relays and took up several floors of a concrete building. I suspect that my digital watch has more computing power than it did, but we were sure impressed with it at the time.
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Vapor</i>
<br />and I thought I was old!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I thought you were old too [:D][:D][:D]

Return to “Combat Flight Simulators”