Announcing Texas Flugwerks

You got a cool electric WWII combat rig? This is the place to show it off!

Moderator: hbartel

Ed Kettler

Announcing Texas Flugwerks

Post by Ed Kettler »

<b>Texas Flugwerks</b> is the name of a company Scott Stockwell and I are forming to: <ul><li>kit and sell foam based aircraft </li><li>perform custom foam cutting </li> <li>support outside R&D work </li><li>design aircraft</li> </ul>

The first planes to be available will be the FoamFiter "Zero" and the FoamFiter 190, which have already been flown successfully. The planes come with an extensive 25-page instruction manual so that a first time builder can easily complete these planes. The FoamFiter line will be for 3696, and we will have other lines as we grow the company.

The FoamFiter target market is folks who don't mind doing a little building, enjoy flying, want a rugged airframe, and are not scale die hards. These planes have accurate lines, professionally molded cowls and canopies, but do not have wing fillets or premolded panel lines. These can be added by the modeler at any time.

We will have Zeros and 190s at LSN for sale. Please email me for more infomation. We are looking forward to supporting the combat and sport scale communities!

Ed Kettler and Scott Stockwell
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

Great job Ed and Scott! The world can definately use another combat kit supplier.

Can we assume that at some point 2548 kits will also be done?
RH

Post by RH »

Excellent! I hope you guys have a lot of success with this venture.

r
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Drew,

Thanks! I think we will get 2548 on the plans once we get our feet under us. We should be able to scale up 3696 designs to 2548 without a lot of difficulty. Doc has the Zero market sewn up so we won't do that one, and we have a few of the hand cut Mustangs and the D520 available right now.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

We will have Zero and 190 kits for sale at $65 each at LSN, and may have the first cutting of the next plane to show as well.
jj

Post by jj »

Are those 2548 or 3696 kits?
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

We are currently doing 3696 kits. Once we get those under way, we can scale up to 2548.
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

I got to see the 3696 kits at the LSN 08' that Scott and Ed are Making, and I can tell you that the kits Look Great, Looks like you boys know what your doing with the CNC Foam cutter
jj

Post by jj »

so when can I get a 190 kit?
wrnstockwel

Post by wrnstockwel »

JJ,
Sorry for the delay in response. We had some trouble with the equipment, all is well know. Just let me know what you want (FF-0 or FF-190)and how many. Starting Wednesday, May 7, 2008, we can begin shipping them out.

Scott Stockwell
Texas Flugwerks
jj

Post by jj »

One FF-190 for now. If you have a two kit discount I'd like to know about it though.
Let me know the amount and who to paypal payment to.
wrnstockwel

Post by wrnstockwel »

JJ,
Email me at stockwel@sbclgobal.net with your address and shipping preference if any. I will get the shipping price and let you know the total and what account to paypal too.

Thanks,
Scott Stockwell
jj

Post by jj »

Sent the paypal to Ed last Wed or Thur. When should I expect the plane to arrive?
Thanks,
wrnstockwel

Post by wrnstockwel »

Sorry JJ,
I had intended to send you an email with the FedEx tracking number and I let it slip my mind. Check your email for that informaton.

Scott

Return to “Electric WWII Fighters”