What I Did on My Summer Vacation(s)

You got a cool electric WWII combat rig? This is the place to show it off!

Moderator: hbartel

Dane McGee

What I Did on My Summer Vacation(s)

Post by Dane McGee »

Mad Max is alive and well!
Just thought I'd come out of my cave long enough to show progress on a couple of projects I've been working on.

Here's a 3696 190 made from a kit from Scott Stockwell and Ed Kettler's "Texas Flugwerks". Very nice and complete kit that came in at 28oz with a TowerPro 2908 motor/30 amp esc combo and a Common Sense RC 8C 2000mah 3s pack. Flies reeeaaally nice!! I have another Texas Flugwerks 190 and a couple of their "Zeros" on the table finishing up now. It'll sure be hard to ever go back to slimers again.......too doggone easy to grab the birds and a pocket full of batteries and fly combat in my back yard, what a blast!

........and here's another streamer puller that I've been putting together over that last couple of years[;)]............... RV-7 with 180 HP Lycoming[:0] Outta be a go getter[:D]

.........back to my cave now
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

MMMAAAAAXXXXXX!!! Geez, where ya been? You need to bring that 190 out so we can "christen" it properly.[:p]
Seriously nice plane dude, and we miss ya fierce..
Cash
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Hey Dane, what`s up bro.

If you want to power up the fleet of P-51`s that you`ve got with electric, let me know. E is very competitive in 2548.
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

What are you using for 2548, Lee? I've got a 1000kv outrunner I've tested, and have an 800kv to test on 6 cells. I'm hoping the 800kv works-I can use 3 cell 1800-2200 packs in series and not have to purchase a whole nother class of battery...The 100kv works, but it gets warm quickly, and pulls around 30 amps at that level with an APC 10x3.

I came across your FW with the 35mm Himax. It's a good combo, but at 95 bucks, shipped, that motor is a little pricey.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

36-50-1500 or 36-56-1200 inrunner (Turnigy or Ammo) run on 4s2p 4400 (2 x 4s 2200 in parallel. Pulls about 50amps static on a MA 10/4. I don`t think a large outrunner will last long at 14.5k the bearings won`t take the load
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lee Liddle</i>
<br />Hey Dane, what`s up bro.

If you want to power up the fleet of P-51`s that you`ve got with electric, let me know. E is very competitive in 2548.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Lee, I was thinkin the same thing. It is really tempting to convert the fleet to E power. Maybe all I need is some guidance and perhaps a little nudge[;)]
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

Dane U goin to the Lone Star Nationals in March? theres still plenty of time to get ready
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by o1moregil</i>
<br />Dane U goin to the Lone Star Nationals in March? theres still plenty of time to get ready
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I'm sure thinkin about it[:D]

Return to “Electric WWII Fighters”