CALLING WESTCOAST SPADDERS

SPAD Combat designs and discussions
For more, visit http://www.spadworld.net

Moderator: hbartel

draftman1

CALLING WESTCOAST SPADDERS

Post by draftman1 »

West coast spadders, Have you wanted to go to spadfest but couldnt because of it being in the mid west? well a couple of us are in the pre planning stages of haveing a west coast spad event "West coast Spads" is the unoficial name. We would be looking at this summer sometime and at a site possibly In Oregon. Please if your interested in attending, please chime in to see if we have any interest. It would be a weekend event with a bunch of different activitys. speed planes, combat, pylon racing, fun fly, a special build model that everybody would bring are just a few of the events we could do. and alot of freindships built, talking spads, showing off new techniqes and alot of cameradery. please respond to show your interest. thank you

Andy Erwin (draftman1)
THend

Post by THend »

David Drowns, with the blessing of Dave West, has just had the Coro Mig LASER cut! All the parts, everything ready to go! Dave has done major overhaul to the design, and it is a very good flying plane. He has done this with the help of a club member in order to promote combat.

Give him a call....or email him. I don't have his number on me at the moment, but I can get it if you need it.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

thats very great news. I talked to him once about it. does that laser cutting do good on coro? I have been wanting to try it. I plotted out the plans but just havent got them to the shop. We had some club combat last weekend, I took out some spare dogfighters and had them availiable for guys to try. they just had to bring there trans and reciever. it was a success. The guy who tried it is now hooked. thats a great way to get guys to try it. have a plane for them

Andy Erwin (draftman1) 913
THend

Post by THend »

I haven't seen the coro, but according to Dave and Butch, the cuts are spectacular. Lucky, a new combat guy OWNS a major fab center... he basically said that normally it would have cost a bundle..
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

well I guess I can just send a digital file to him and he can cut stacks of plane parts! that would be so cool. it would be nice also not to have to stock coro. just order them all precut.
THend

Post by THend »

You REALLY need to get in touch with David Drowns, he is the current Coro Champ around here.

Honestly, the planes fly great, and if you get good at slamming them together you'd be sitting pretty.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

he did give me some of his secrets. I am also named spadmaster at our club. thats pretty much all my 2 boys and I fly. so I am building not one plane but 3 planes at a time. My oldest flew a modified spad draco at the last livermore event and took 3rd. I still think spads are very viable and do very well in combat. My youngest will be stepping up from the dogfighter to the corostang next season. I have built at least 10 corostangs. do you have or seen one of Spaddawgs corostang for SSC. does it have a flat bottom wing? I guess he is taking a break from it all. thanks Terry

Andy Erwin (draftman1) 913
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

Ok. Spadders. " SPADS OVER THE WEST COAsT" is official. July 25 and 26 in McMinnvile, Oregon. Evergreen musium r/c club. that is were the spruce goose is housed. it will be a great weekend of spads. some combat and more spads. so if any western spadders out the can make it, that would be wonderful. This event is long over due. also any burned out r/c spad guys need to go also to revive the feeling. I know you guys are out there. so I hope some of you spadders will go and make this a great event
ptsullivan

Post by ptsullivan »

Someone needs to drop James Schell a line on this.
THend

Post by THend »

Yeah, he has the P51 already lined out. In fact, I still have a wing for the P51 he made me!
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

James, who I have never met, Is one of the guys I was thinking of. does anybody know how to reach him? the combat email and stuff is no longer valid. Also FrankC29 from Bakersfield, he was a heavy spadder, He is still a moderator at spadworld but he is burnedout
THend

Post by THend »

I'll get in touch with James. We are long time friends, and a road trip to Vegas is about due anyway..[:D]
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

cool, the last time he posted here, he was showing his girl and her cart racer. He is in to that, I would be to for the kids. I dont expcet him to go but at least know about it, who knows, he might start flying a little again. I have seen a few of his planes, it looks like we are both the same, Spadmasters!!
Jack

Post by Jack »

My son and I are probably about 75% good to go for this event. I've blocked out the weekend, not that this makes it a lock with a family, but we are planning on attending and camping out.

Jack
Deb
SPA3DT
Combat craft soon. . . . .

<i>EDIT - you need to get the SPADFest link in the first post.</i>
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

That would be awesome! I cant edit the first post but here is the link

Spads Over The West Coast first west coast spad event, were gona do combat there also!!
http://www.teamrc.org/sotwc.html

Return to “Simple Plastic Airplane Designs (SPAD)”