My Plane is better than yours because...its faster

So you got a hot plane, eh? Tell us why you think you're gonna be Top Gun this year!

Moderator: hbartel

THend

Post by THend »

It is in a town called Weldon? I hear it is easy to access too..
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

ok I have heard of weldon, Im not posative but thats on the west side of the valley. west of I5 highway. lots of hills there. let me know when you going
M. Gillette

Post by M. Gillette »

Hey Kid,

Is what a whiffle ball bat with wings?? Looks groovy!! Lemme know when/where your flying over break. I'll be in the TWP Thanksgiving day.

G.
EK

Post by EK »

If my foggy memory from days at Lemoore still serve correct. Weldon is on the road to China Lake east of Bakersfield.
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

Lol, yeah, doesn't it look just like one of my old chokers?

Hopefully i'll be able to put it together tuesday night, and then assuming the snow goes away i'll be flying it wednesday or thursday, or both. We'll probably go to stoney creek, as it is bigger then the school we fly at anyway. Im going to need room to air this thing out im sure...
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EK</i>
<br />If my foggy memory from days at Lemoore still serve correct. Weldon is on the road to China Lake east of Bakersfield.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

thats right now I remember. I havnt been in that direction in years, ever since my grandparents past away, they lived up in the owens valley. BTW, im only about 45 min from Lemore. that Navy base is still a major player in our defense. they still do an awesome airshow, I hope to make it to one someday

Andy Erwin RCCA 913
M. Gillette

Post by M. Gillette »

Tues/Wed would be cool if this wind dies off, its been 20mph + for the last week. I'm kit building a Skeeter 30 right now. Just starting on the covering, then assembly. Did Sock send you the link for this kit?? It just falls together in like 2 hours.

I'm kinda digging balsa building, do you have any prints for a go fast plane for my 16-15-3??
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by M. Gillette</i>
I'm kinda digging balsa building, do you have any prints for a go fast plane for my 16-15-3??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Razor and balsa - not a picture I'd ever considered[:D] Next he'll be covering with silk and dope[:D][:D]
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... ild+thread

There you go mike. Or if you give me enough money to cover the servos i have buried in it, i'll sell you my pink plane that i had at nats. It didn't fly real well with all the weight that you saw it fly with, but it'd be just fine on your Mega with 3s...

Also, i have some extra cores of what fredericks cut me, i could hook you up with some of those, but those are nasty yucky foam!
M. Gillette

Post by M. Gillette »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lightning</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by M. Gillette</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Razor and balsa - not a picture I'd ever considered[:D] Next he'll be covering with silk and dope[:D][:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dope is for dopes!! lol [:)]

I never thought I'd be balsa building either. I'm getting addicted to 3D flying profile planes. There is really no one producing decent ARF's, if you want the good planes you have to build. It's different, I like it.

Dork,
Thanks for the link I'll have to read through it. What do you want for the Pink Panther? What servos in it? What kind of speed can I get from that setup??
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

The link is just to the thread where i got the idea for the "Pink Panther" (I always called it the "Slipso on Airplane Growth Hormone (AGH)).

You could build one of those a little cleaner then mine is, as mine has had some repairs, mostly from the tail ripping itself off on landing. I have two hs-55s on the ailerons and one hs-81 in the tail. All of which have been proven strong enough, and i have never had even a hint of flutter.

Whatever the cost of the servos is you can have it, i don't know how much they cost off the top of my head.

I would think that with your 16/15/3 on 3s you could easily get to 100 mph. You'd have to get into the high dollar stuff like my sunracer in order to get much faster than that. I know some people have touched 130 or so with a mega 16/15/3, but that was on a really small (26") ws pylon model and the motor was melting (3s and a 4.75x5.5 prop).

It wouldn't take much to build one, a fuse can be built in a couple hours. The most time was spent shaving and shaping the wing with a plane and sanding block, and then glassing. You could make one in maybe...7 hours or so
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

He doesn't remember how much the servos cost, but I do.....
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

For your consideration....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... st12316266

Gillette, the last vid is for you. My dad was like "I want to get a few smoking fast passes in so gillette can salivate"

I believe its right around 140-145 mph right now, but its hard to put an exact number on it. Maybe i'll get it radared at the next HOH pylon race! And Bob, i think you'll see from the videos, it can turn just fine [8D]
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

Heres another set of videos from another model i built for those that are interested. This one is right around 160 mph

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... st12418741

The other one that i posted a link to was dopplered at 147 mph yesterday! Not too bad if you ask me
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

thats what im talking about!!!! ;)

Return to “My plane is better than yours because...”