What ya changing for 09

Share your secrets for building safe, durable planes that kick butt!

Moderator: hbartel

Captain America

Post by Captain America »

The "Flatulence-fly" might be more appropriate...
THend

Post by THend »

New Mako front end....

Cutting the rails...

Starting to stock the parts bin!

Been very busy....[:D][:p][:)][:o)][:o)]
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

Looks like a cg adjustable engine mount, and integrated skids, purty clever Mister[;)]
THend

Post by THend »

The REAL big change is the Birch 12 ply plywood. The last batch of stuff I thought would be good was not strong enough, and would just snap off at the LE of the center section.

This design, the ply ends at the LE, and the HDPE skids are attached to the ply with nylon 1/4-20, with the skids tapped. Pete has been doing this for some time when he was forced to retrofit damaged Makos. His experience has been that the 1/4-20 nylon bolts are strong enough for flight and landing, but will break away in a hard head on mid-air. The new plywood will really aid in this as it is very very strong, and stays inside the wing.

The servos are now ganged as well, each servo can be accessed and removed easily. There is more to come too, we will be vacuum forming a custom piece to cover everything and provide a mount for the fuel tank on the CG. We are going to install one servo for the ailerons and use the dubro cable system so everything is centralized. The battery fits perfectly under the servos, and the RX has multiple locations that will work.

This is a big change for O9'
lightning

Post by lightning »

Newcastle Brown Ale![8D] Now <b>THERE's</b> a man with a good taste for beer![:p][:p]
THend

Post by THend »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lightning</i>
<br />Newcastle Brown Ale![8D] Now <b>THERE's</b> a man with a good taste for beer![:p][:p]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Once the machine is humming along....the files are all set up right....the parts have been verified in spec...

Cut away and, <font color="blue"><font size="3">Bust out a Newcastle! or ten</font id="size3"></font id="blue">....[}:)][:o)]
ptsullivan

Post by ptsullivan »

It just keeps getting better.
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lightning</i>
<br />Newcastle Brown Ale![8D] Now <b>THERE's</b> a man with a good taste for beer![:p][:p]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I'll have a cold Shiner Bohemian Black Lager waiting for any Killafornia Combat pilot that shows up to the LSN...[:D] Now THAT'S beer!

But I love Newcastle Brown Ale too!
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

Terry,

The start on the Makos looks great. It's getting scary to think I am gonna have to fly against those Makos in a month. I guess I need to get to work. As of right now I have three broken SSC Migs and one half built Open B Corostang. Its almost crunch time!!![:0]

The New Castle is my choice of beers also.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

well if your going to Livermore, its past crunch time, after tomorow its panic time. Todd you have plenty of time before you start losing streamers to team thunder, hehehe
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Very nice!!!
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

Very cool there Terry, it looks like a great improvement
Captain America

New Toy
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

Its hard to tell from that angle, is that a B2 wing or a Russian wing? Definately looks sharp, especially with that big best strapped down up front!
Captain America

Its the russian wing,beast has an a in it,spend more time in class dork!

Later