Li-Poly Transmitter Battery Pack?

Here's the place to chat about radios, transmitter, receivers, batteries, and everything related to your radio gear.

Moderator: hbartel

Dane McGee

Li-Poly Transmitter Battery Pack?

Post by Dane McGee »

Where is the best/cheapest place to order a Li-Poly Transmitter pack?

Fut 9C uses a 30x30x100mm size.

Thanks,
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

Hobby City has a Rhino pack for 17.99, but you'lll have to pay quite a bit of shipping.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/stor ... ipoly_Pack

True RC has one that is 33.00. It's about 2/3 down the page.
http://home.comcast.net/~truerc/ready_p ... _packs.htm

Those are the 2 cheapest I'm aware of. I have both, and the Rhino does have a bit more capacity, but in order to make it cost effective to ship, you need to order a lot of stuff from Hobby City.
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Thanks Nick!

I ordered one from True RC and it should be here tomorrow. Good price and reasonable shipping. I also got the balancing jack installed to fit my Equinox balancer. Will be a plug and play when it arrives.
Total cost about $38 plus shipping.[:D]
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

He's a good guy, I get a lot of batteries from him when I don't want to make a big HC order or don't want to wait that long.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

Am I missing something? What's the benefit of LiPo Transmitter packs when you can get 2500 mAh out of Ni-Mh cells at a lot less cost and less volatile cells? Just wondering. I just read in the "upcoming events" section of the forum about a Futaba 9Z transmitter that burnt this morning while charging a LiPo pack.
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

Alex, That was my Tx, I don't know exacly what happend, but that pack had about 5 or 6 charges on it, it hold the charge purty darn good, and I was recharging it every 2 to 3 weeks, (you can't get that on a regular nimh's), the 9z battery pack has a Diod built in, (its a small resistor for protection if overcharging), I THINK this diod took a crap, I am sending it to Futaba for repairs after the LSN, I really like my 9z and was happy with the lipo set up, but Im not doing that anymore.
Hey Alex, so you guys coming to the LNS?

Yours Truly
Battle Axe Assassin