Best Receivers

Here's the place to chat about radios, transmitter, receivers, batteries, and everything related to your radio gear.

Moderator: hbartel

DARBOY

Best Receivers

Post by DARBOY »

I need to get a few planes ready to join in the fun this year. Can any of you guys tell me what the most cost effective receiver for Futaba fm radio. I will be flying mostly SSC.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

Hi Darboy,

I have used the Hitec Electron 6 receiver for about 5 years or so. They're a great receiver, small, light, and can be found reasonably priced now that guys are switching to the 2.4 systems.
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

I like the Electron 6 (I think they have been replaced by the Neutron 6, now), but lately any 72mhz stuff I've gotten has been the Castle Creations Berg 4. Really lightweight, and you can get them enclosed in a solid plastic case for about 30 bucks. I've never had any issue with interference with them. Castle also has really good customer service, or at least always has with me.
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Electron 6 or the Neuteron 6[:D]

The Castle berg 4 is one my 3696 ships.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

I`ve just switched to an Assan 2.4 system from Hobby City. The module plugs in to my three Hitech Eclipse 7 Txs. Easy to bind the RX/TX. Works great so far. I`m not supposed to talk about price, but the 7ch 11g rx has a hard plastic case and cost less than anything mentioned on this thread.

They have a module and 2 rx combo that you can have for less than Ben Franklin. An rx for 1/4 of a Ben.
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

I've been looking at those, Lee, but wonder what the difference is between the short antennas and long ones...besides the obvious difference.
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

hitec micro 05S,light,cheap and dependable.
boiler

Post by boiler »

I have been changing all my hitech for the berg recievers. At the Toledo show they sell 3/$100 and include the crystal of your choice from Radical RC. They have been known to give the same deal when not at the show if you ask.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

I have a couple of planes on Corona receivers, some crystal and others synthesized. No problems, light weight, small, rugged. 72 mhz.

Will probably get a 2.4 module for my Futaba 9C when I get the AR-234 ready to fly; 2.4 seems to give less issues with high powered electrics. Learned that from Lee.

Ed
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

As far as short vs long antenna... they give a broad window of effective range...300m to 800m. I would think that the long antenna would be needed for the top end of the range. 300m is plenty for combat of course.
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

I thought maybe the short antennas were primarily for park flyer types.

Since HC always seems to be out of stock of the modules, I found out HiModel carries them as well, although the RX's are slightly higher.

The one that I'm interested in is the "HACK" module, that lets you convert practically any transmitter...the JR 6102 that I've retired is a popular conversion...might give the old boy new life.
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

I been snippin the HFS-04MG on ebay for 5 bucks, I have a cupple of them and I havent had no problems.
almost all the guys at our club that have the 2.4 system had have a problem with it, as a matter of fact I loan one of my Flying wings to a buddy of mine this past sunday and we put his radio system in it (2.4) and before we finished the trim flight he wreck it because of radio problems, ooo yeahh we were gonna have a cupple of practice rounds.....[V][:(][:(][:(]
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

There are lots of 2.4 systems out there, which one have they had problems with.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

I`ve only had a couple of flights with the Assan V2 system. So far so good.
Vapor

Post by Vapor »

Got 100's of flights on my XPS in my 9C, love it.-----rick