Hitec Customer Service

Here's the place to chat about radios, transmitter, receivers, batteries, and everything related to your radio gear.

Moderator: hbartel

Dane McGee

Hitec Customer Service

Post by Dane McGee »

We are gonna find out real quick like how good Hitec customer service is in a few days. I sent in a box full of HS 85mg and HS81mg along with a bad Rx.

I'm sure they will get word to me as soon as the hangover wears off after opening and seeing this week's challenge[:D]....I'll be sure to let ya know.
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

......got a postcard with a claim number within 5 days of sending the stuff back.

Got a call today 3 days from gettin the postcard from a dude in tech support. The want to replace all the trash I sent um at my cost of course.....no repairs.

Here's the breakdown to what it will cost to get new junk sent to me:

Electron 6 replaced with a Neuteron[;)]6 for 27.99 skins.
HS 311 for 6.00
HS 322 for 7.00
HS 81mg for 9.00
HS 85 mg for 18.00

Looks to be about half price or so maybe more....better'n nuthin I guess.[B)]

Told um I'd sleep on it and holler at um Monday.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

You can go to 2.4 for that.

My Rx cost less than $25. Moduel to fit HiTech or Futaba Tx and 2 rx for $90. Then the servos. You should look at the GWS mini standard, aprox $10 each and BP Hpbbies has gear sets for less than $1 right now due to over stock. That`s the only servo I use but they don`t like being mounted right behind an IC powerplant.
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Lee Liddle wrote:You can go to 2.4 for that.
Yep, your right. I've been looking at the Assan 2.4 system from hobby city too.

Seems like the good ol days of Hitec sending you new stuff at little or no cost are over. I originally chose to buy from Hitec because I heard good things about warranty/replacement and so on.....No dice.

No incentive to buy exclusively Hitec for me now.
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

I can second Lee's reco for the Assan system. I got the hack module and converted a JR 6102...haven't had any problems with it.
Vapor

Post by Vapor »

Lee & others on the ASSAN 2.4----I have a question on the distance. Here it says 800M ( about 1/2M if I figure right). Is that far enough for sport flying? I have a couple buddies in our club now using this system---so far so good! But one in particular has it in bigger planes and he can fly way out there at times.
http://www.assan.cn/main/product_24Ghz_miniall_en.html
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

Most of my planes are fairly small, so I don't get them very far away. It depends primarily on the rf environment and how/where your rx is mounted, I think. This is important with any 2.4 system-you don't want your antennas encased completely in anything. They have long antenna versions that help you get the antennas outside the plane for a good line of sight. As far as I've experienced, as long as there's nothing much thicker than tape or covering around the antenna, they don't seem to have a problem.
Vapor

Post by Vapor »

Nick, I've been flying XPS 2.4 for 2 full years now, but its range is 5M. I just was thinking that 800M (1/2 M ) might be on the edge of where you fly a larger plane. Of course there is the fudge value, so the Assan is probably good for a mile?
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Rick, I`m in the same boat as Nick. Haven`t really streched the envelope on range. Sure am happy at combat range though.
Dane McGee

Re: Hitec Customer Service

Post by Dane McGee »

Here's a followup on the Hitec. I basicly told um to stick it and send me back all my broken stuff.

I have bought Hitec stuff for years because I heard their customer service and replacement /repair was top of the line.
Wrong. They are just another high priced brand.

I am really disappointed and will never pick Hitec over another brand because of customer service.
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684