Very Happy With My E-Ssc Flying Wing ; )

Any SSC class topic can be discussed here.

Moderator: hbartel

o1moregil

Very Happy With My E-Ssc Flying Wing ; )

Post by o1moregil »

I finished putting together my first e-ssc wing last night, I couldn't wait to test fly it, so before I went to work this morning I stoped at a big soccer field thats on the way to the shop, Dude!!! im starting to like this e stuff, I'm going to build a cupple more. It's the same design I flew at the Lone Star Nats earlyer this year, It's at 43oz, I over did it with the bidi tape, but the next one WILL come out at exacly 40oz, I'm using the same set up Lee Liddle is using (thanks Dude).

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

Looking really good. . . . [:p]
boiler

Post by boiler »

Clean and mean design. Good luck Gil.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Looks great Gil, glad you are having success with the power system. One note.... don`t lighten it up too much. the min weight for electric powered SSC planes is 41.5oz with the batteries installed (wet weight), the ICs are weighed dry at 40oz. The extra 1.5oz of weight was written into the rules to account for about 1/2 of the fuel weight that the average IC powered SSC adds before takeoff.
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

41.5oz , no problem
jj

Very Happy With My E-Falcon SSC Flying Wing

Post by jj »

Just thought I'd show a pic of my E Falcon. Another one will be flying fairly soon. Flies well although it tends to control stall a bit in outside loops (need to turn down the trims a bit). Weight is right at 42oz and am using a 5s pack. Wish I would have seen Ed's 4s results sooner, but this has plenty of power and capacity.

Might even put together an Evenger some day too :D
jj (John J)
[img]http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/JJ-John-Jaugilas/P40RightThumb.thumb.jpg[/img]
Crosswinds R/C club
12th Pursuit Squadron
RCCA #579 AMA #9474
Ed Kettler

Re: Very Happy With My E-Falcon SSC Flying Wing

Post by Ed Kettler »

jj wrote:Just thought I'd show a pic of my E Falcon. Another one will be flying fairly soon. Flies well although it tends to control stall a bit in outside loops (need to turn down the trims a bit). Weight is right at 42oz and am using a 5s pack. Wish I would have seen Ed's 4s results sooner, but this has plenty of power and capacity.

I'd go with the 3000 mah pack for a better late round performance. The 2650s I am using barely get warm.

Looks great!

Ed
Ed Kettler
RCCA 533/AMA 3739
Ft Worth, TX
Former target tug for the best RC Combat Pilots in the World!
combatgoblin

Re: Very Happy With My E-Ssc Flying Wing ; )

Post by combatgoblin »

I flew my wing yesterday it is the same as your except the electronics are located differently it's 41oz.After some adjustment it flew fantastic I am very happy with it.I am using a 6s battery which is a bit much but when I bought the drive trains I wanted them to double for twin 2948 airplanes.oops I guess I need to add a 1/2 once.
Don Fourson 386
NeilD

Re: Very Happy With My E-Falcon SSC Flying Wing

Post by NeilD »

jj wrote:Image

Looks good. BruceB and I fly IC Avengers, but man with the low cost of E-power now we are REALLY leaning towards Evengers too.
James Neil DeLavan Jr.
Howe, Texas

AMA #919037
RCCA# 948
jj

Post by jj »

Yeah, I started experimenting with an EVenger back in my Team Seaholm days but the e-power back then was nowhere near today's watt per dollar situation. I know Frank was looking into it but current finances have put that on the back burner. I will likely have a prototype later this season but other than airfoil the configuration will be similar to an e-Falcon.
jj (John J)
[img]http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/JJ-John-Jaugilas/P40RightThumb.thumb.jpg[/img]
Crosswinds R/C club
12th Pursuit Squadron
RCCA #579 AMA #9474
Thekid3418

Post by Thekid3418 »

I just got back from my test flight of my E-Falcon. It flies very well, and was basically perfect with the exception of some trimming out of the box. I forgot to bring the tach with me, so the RPMs aren't right on I would guess. But I tried my best to do it based on speed and sound.

http://vimeo.com/13680428

Thanks again to the Texas Flugwerks
Attachments
IMG_0883.JPG
IMG_0883.JPG (458.29 KiB) Viewed 14274 times
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

You are very welcome! Glad you like the e-Falcon! From the video it looks like you have it trimmed out and flying very well.

I really like the post combat cleanup ... pull off the blue tape/sticky, undo most of the rubber bands, throw it in the car. I use a single 4S3000 for the 3536/1400, so I take most of the bands off to keep from crushing the foam, or just leave a battery in it.

Enjoy it ... we have plenty more where that came from! :D

Ed
Ed Kettler
RCCA 533/AMA 3739
Ft Worth, TX
Former target tug for the best RC Combat Pilots in the World!
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

What is a good airfoil for this type combat wing?
Eric Holmberg