Magnum 25XLS?

Check here for the latest and greatest engine modifications.

Moderator: hbartel

tmelton

Open B Engines

Post by tmelton »

I posted a message on the Global Magnum forum to see if I could get confirmation regarding the blue top 25 or 28 XLS release. Let's see what they say.

I also complained about engine manufacturers not listening to the needs of combat pilots. You guys visit the global forum and post a response to my post if you get the chance.

http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/g ... hp?t=24408

Lets let them know what we need in the way of support from the engine manufacturers for Open B engines. We should all send e-mails and make posts to forums to let them know GMS is going to sell a lot of engines next year unless they make some changes.
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

I just visited the Magnum forum. No response from them yet but I think we have a pretty good start on the posts from all of you combat guys. Be sure to visit and chime in. I think we can get them to take notice if we keep it up.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Go get your local pylon pilots that fly 25 sized planes to voice their opinion too. They are a larger community, and with a lot of support from them we may be able to win together. I have pointed our local pylon guys to Scott Gilkey's excellent work on alternative engine evaluations and have received very favorable feedback.

The more the merrier!

Ed

Happy Thanksgiving!
boiler

Post by boiler »

Great idea Ed.
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

I will post your comments for you if you would like. Just let me know if you want me to cut and paste all your comments or just the post and edited version.
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

We got a reply from our rep at Global. The engine guys are working on the molds! What size they did not confirm.
Those that Enjoy the smell of NITRO in the AM on combat day should air your concerns too Global. To keep them going.
Blue Note

Post by Blue Note »

Team Scharnell wrote:We got a reply from our rep at Global. The engine guys are working on the molds! What size they did not confirm.
Those that Enjoy the smell of NITRO in the AM on combat day should air your concerns too Global. To keep them going.
Actually, if you refer to this link to the Global Services forum, Mike confirms that they are working on the molds for the Magnum 25 XLS.

http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/g ... hp?t=24408
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Excellent!!!!!
When they come out, make sure you send your proof of purchase to OS to show them the sales they missed!!![}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]
tmelton

Re: Open B Engines

Post by tmelton »

Hey guys check out the recent updat to the Gloabal Magnum forum regarding the status of the Magnum 25 XLS. I really like the way they are stepping up to the plate and supporting the combat sport. You sure could not beat the price they lowered the Magnum 15 XLS down to recently either.

Way to go Magnum!

http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/g ... 54c0751afc
Ed Kettler

Re: Open B Engines

Post by Ed Kettler »

Great work on getting to the manufacturer and getting our "lessons learnt" directly into the product design.

Ed
Ed Kettler
RCCA 533/AMA 3739
Ft Worth, TX
Former target tug for the best RC Combat Pilots in the World!
Blue Note

Re: Magnum 25XLS?

Post by Blue Note »

The Magnum 25 XLS engines are now in stock at $79.99ea. Giddy Up!

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php/en ... e-rnv.html
Chris Gunter
East TN
RCCA #954
lightning

Post by lightning »

All right! Ordered one, can't wait to see if they live up to the expectations set by the prototype.
Keith Jones
AMA CD #7601
Radio Control Club of Detroit
and proud member of the OGC
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Looks good, Very OS like?? I have plenty of engines I bought before they stopped the OS FX 25 but I will buy 1 to test and show support that Global listened.
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it
lightning

Post by lightning »

Big Dog wrote:Looks good, Very OS like?? I have plenty of engines I bought before they stopped the OS FX 25 but I will buy 1 to test and show support that Global listened.
And it's $50 cheaper than the reintroduced OS 25FX. Do they really think we are going to pay $130 for an engine that was $95 when they discontinued it last year?
Sorry Great Planes - I bought my last OS.
Keith Jones
AMA CD #7601
Radio Control Club of Detroit
and proud member of the OGC
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Keith Up until the panic when they went out of production I would buy 3 at a time from the LHS and she discount them to $65.00. I still bought the last 8 I could find at $95.00. I hope the Magnums are just as strong
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it