Latest Open B Creation

Any Open Class topic can be discussed here. Come on in and share your knowledge or ask a question. Best place on the Net to hang your hat on a windy day!

Moderator: hbartel

Big Dog

Latest Open B Creation

Post by Big Dog »

Here is some photos of my new Open B Design. I call it Zapdos (OK the kids had something to do with the name). It is designed around electric power though the prototypes are IC just to show that it will work for both. The SSC version is in prototype now. I built 4 beta's to compete in the Tangerine Combat event. I could not be happier with the flight characteristics. The wing and layout are unique but as you can see I did not re-invent some very good proven ideas and building techniques. Reviews from the Beta Pilots have been great and I'll let them chime in as they see fit. I think the best features are its speed and stall. The stall has a distinct warning well before the snap/spin/ crash manuver.
ImageImage
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it
combatgoblin

Re: Latest Open B Creation

Post by combatgoblin »

I remarked to Matt several times about Craig's airplane.I kept saying Craig has that airplane flying really well it was noticeably faster than the rest and maneuvered exceptionally well.No disrespect intended but I thought you were going to do better because hands down that was the best flying plane at the Tangerine meet.
Don Fourson 386
grasshpr

Post by grasshpr »

Don hit the nail on the head, you had the best flying Open B plane all around at the Tangerine. Speed, manueverability, wierd name, Zapdos has it all!
Chris Handegard
RCCA 481
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Chris Zapdos is a Pokemon character. It is bird that battles with other Pokemon. His special ability is to battle using electricity. Unless Nintendo has a cow about copyrights. I kind of like the weird name.
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it
combatgoblin

Post by combatgoblin »

Back in the day I used to make one called the Sanjiyan it was after an immortal character in 3x3 eyes gotta love those Japanese names.
Don Fourson 386