It's cold outside!

It may be a little cold for combat but there are other things to talk about.

Moderator: hbartel

The End

Re: It's cold outside!

Post by The End »

Man, I do feel for you guys.. It has been sunny and warm here.

The Alula and Weasel are great kits from DreamFlight. I've been to a Weasel Fest, and it is great. Afterward, the Richter family has everyone over for BBQ. The shop where it all started is fantastic, just out behinf the main house. Super folks, oh they are up in Santa Barbera CA, really really nice.

I've never flown a big plane either, but I will eventually.

Just as work was about to slow down and return to semi-normal, I tore my right bicep tendon off at the elbow. Surgery was last week, and recovery is slow and painful.

Eventually, I'll get back to flying!! :cry:
boiler

Post by boiler »

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope your recovery is quick.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

The End wrote: Just as work was about to slow down and return to semi-normal, I tore my right bicep tendon off at the elbow. Surgery was last week, and recovery is slow and painful.

Eventually, I'll get back to flying!! :cry:
Terry, you gotta stop doing 20 reps of 100 pounds each arm, it'll tear up your biceps at this advanced age!!! You might want to scale back a bit!!
Scott Gilkey
RCCA# 330
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

AIM wrote:
Congrats on the new plane. I've never flown a biggy like that. I've been told that once you go BIG, you never wanna fly a .40 size again.
Aaaaaron, I heard that too. When I flew IMAC I used a 60-sized Goldberg Ultimate Bipe with an ST90. It was the biggest plane I had ever flown up to that point (my previous record holder was a 60 sized Super Kaos with ST61- which was, and still is, my favorite plane EVER!!!) and it was indeed a sweet flier. At that time (late 90s) the "big" stuff was coming on strong- 25 to 33% gassers, and all I heard was "bigger is better." I got a 25% Cap 232, put an OS1.60 on it, and while it flew nice, I was actually not totally impressed, and felt my Ultimate actually flew better. Maybe my expectations were too high, and I never really took the time to trim it out, so it probably was not flying to it's full potential. I flew it maybe 10 times and it's been hanging from the rafters for years since then. I still find the .25-40 sized stuff plenty exciting!!!
Scott Gilkey
RCCA# 330
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

Scott,
When you get a chance,
I have some questions for you.
Email me at
fjscharnell3@cs.com
Thanks
Frank S
RCCA # 843
Parker, CO.
http://www.airscharnell.com
The End

Post by The End »

I'm scaled back, ....way back...

In the last ten years of RC, I've only flown a Spit with a 40 in it, and it midaired in a pylon race. Everything else has been 25 - 30 sized. I can't wait to fly this big plane.

What is really a drag is that I can't really even do much with the time at home, I am not a fan of TV, I can only sleep so much, I've re-discovered the lost art of reading though. I've managed to avoid Scrabble with the wife thank goodness!

Anyway, during the investigation it was determined that my brain wants to believe my body is 21..... not the case!

Later

TH
AIM

Post by AIM »

Evidently it's been cold outside for TOOOO LONG!!!!

Rupp thought I should play Elvis for a night.
"my only regret is that I have but one streamer to give to my fellow competitors"
Aaron Snyder RCCA 819
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Pretty good Elvis get-up, but a true method actor like Brando or Christian Bale would have put on 50 pounds to play the role, you're in a little bit too gooda shape to play Fat Elvis!!! Having heard you bellow at combat meets (and attempt to sing schlocky 70s and 80s love songs) I can only imagine the sound of your warbling of Elvis tunes....
Scott Gilkey
RCCA# 330