2408-21 E-Combat

Want to discuss OPEN electric combat items? Come on in! This is the place.

Moderator: hbartel

Disco369

2408-21 E-Combat

Post by Disco369 »

Hello everyone,

Its been a very long time since I have flown R/C Combat. I don't know if anyone remembers me. “Merciless” Mitch Eaves. But I'm back to flying combat. However this time I'm doing it a bit differently. When I retired from R/C Combat I was big into Open-B. With the birth of my kids I didn't have the extra cash or time that Open-B required. About two months ago, I got the itch to fly again. I knew if I was going to fly R/C it had to be Combat related. I also knew I was not going to have the resources to fly Open-B (Time or Money). So I started on a quest to find a R/C Combat sport that was cheap, quick, and as fun as Open-B. What a list! I found a group out of Muncie flying something call “Fast and Furious” Electric combat. We build a few birds based on there specs and have been tweeking them ever since. What we have ended up with is a bird that is about $50 (minus rx) that is build in under 3 hours easy, and flies at a level that is incredibility fun(unlimited vertical and non stop tight turns). (Modification include different tail, Spars, 3S battery, and 8x4 prop). The plane is constructed out of 1/4in fan fold insulation. We are using the 2408-21 cheap burshless motor, cheap esc, and 9g serves. By far this is the most fun I've had in R/C Combat in comparison to time and money spent. The one thing that surprised me is how quick it has been picked up at my club. Its March we haven’t had a flying day with temps over 40 degs. Last weekend we had nine pilots flying what we call 2408-21 E-Combat. This has totally blown me away. So I want to share my finding with the RCCA community. I'm providing a link to my website that has plans, build instructions, and video of the things flying. Hope everyone enjoys it. I can tell you its nice to be back flying.

Http://rc.eavesonline.com

Mitch Eaves
Dane McGee

Re: 2408-21 E-Combat

Post by Dane McGee »

I have been keeping up with the progress of the muncie combat group on the other forum and I too am impressed.

I built my own version ya'lls planes and my son and I fly them at home often and have a blast.

There is another very active big group of combat fliers in aTulsa that I keep up with too.
I wish that the RCCA could capitalize on the widespread electric combat.
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
RH

Post by RH »

I have also been watching the Muncie group and have built a couple of these combat ships. They fly great, are easy to haul around, quick to build and cheap! I don't have anybody to fly against right now but it is a combat ship I can tear up the sky with. It gives me hope that I'll be back on the combat trail one of these days.
Randy Hodges
RCCA 745
AMA CD# 7458
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

Randy,

You didnt tell me you were lonely down there.... :shock:

After LSN 2011, I will look into this further........
Have too much to finish right now....... :roll:
ie: my combat elfs are slacking off again.......
Frank S
RCCA # 843
Parker, CO.
http://www.airscharnell.com
boiler

Post by boiler »

Looks like fun to me! :D
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]
jj

Post by jj »

Flew a bit of this type of combat at a recent e-pylon event at Arvada club.

Please post plans or other info.

Randy, say Hi some time and we can fly, perhaps on my way down towards Salida. These cheap light foamies are a riot to fly and the low cost keeps them reasonable and a great way to get newbies into the sport.
jj (John J)
[img]http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/JJ-John-Jaugilas/P40RightThumb.thumb.jpg[/img]
Crosswinds R/C club
12th Pursuit Squadron
RCCA #579 AMA #9474
Disco369

Post by Disco369 »

RH

Post by RH »

jj, let me know when you will be passing by and let's try to set up some flying sessions. There's a fantastic open area for flying right at the Garden of the Gods main entry!
Randy Hodges
RCCA 745
AMA CD# 7458
jj

Post by jj »

Thanks for the link to the plans.
Any plans for scale type planes?

RH, I'll let you know if I'm heading your way and we could at least get some elec combat in.
jj (John J)
[img]http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/JJ-John-Jaugilas/P40RightThumb.thumb.jpg[/img]
Crosswinds R/C club
12th Pursuit Squadron
RCCA #579 AMA #9474