Richardson Fall Combat 9/17

tell everyone the results of your combat related event!

Moderator: hbartel

Ed Kettler

Richardson Fall Combat 9/17

Post by Ed Kettler »

After a brutal summer we finally got some rain Friday and a 15 degree drop in temperature that made Saturday a pleasant day for flying. The clouds of the morning gave way to hazy sunshine, and we put together 10 rounds of SSC. The original plan also called for 2948, but some vehicular issues foiled the attack and we piled on for additional SSC rounds.

For those of you who think electrics are bullet proof, I had two of the normally bullet proof Turnigy 3536-1400s sieze up on me, and a speed controller burn up, making it a short day for me. Bob Leone had his share of gremlins with launch issues, leaky bladders, fuel lines coming off, and a host of midairs. He completed only one round out of ten!

Lunch was provide by Scott Stockwell, some very yummy spicy brats, kraut, cole slaw, potato salad and cookies.

Evan Wenger - 2572
Gary James - 2148
David Ebers Jr. - 2034
Bob Leone - 1892
Court Jarrett - 992
Ed Kettler - 300

Thanks for coming out today!

Ed
Ed Kettler
RCCA 533/AMA 3739
Ft Worth, TX
Former target tug for the best RC Combat Pilots in the World!
Lou Melancon

Re: Richardson Fall Combat 9/17

Post by Lou Melancon »

Ed,
It sounds like great. Congratulations to Evan! Sorry to hear about Bob Leone's leaky bladder.
Lou Melancon
RCCA #484
Cumming, Georgia
lightning

Post by lightning »

Ed Kettler wrote:................ For those of you who think electrics are bullet proof, I had two of the normally bullet proof Turnigy 3536-1400s sieze up on me, and a speed controller burn up, making it a short day for me....................

Ed
Ed, talk to William Drumm about "bulletproof electrics". After frying THREE Castle ESCs (and other problems) he's switched back to glow!
Keith Jones
AMA CD #7601
Radio Control Club of Detroit
and proud member of the OGC
Team_Oz

Post by Team_Oz »

Congrats to Evan, Gary, and David... Sounds like Buttercup had a pretty normal event :lol: :lol:

Sure wish I could have made it this month
Really did you think I would go there.
Bill1003
EK

Post by EK »

The old LA ran pretty good..... Thanks Ed for hosting another one for us and for talking Scott into bring the brat lunch. 10 rounds with 1 bird is pretty unheard of for me but I pulled it off. Had a few hits (probably me doing the hitting) but managed to fly out of every one and finished every round but one. After a hit the wing was saddled and being a bit touchy. Went after a low streamer too aggressive and snapped it in. Didn't even break the prop!

Good flying by all and good weather made for a fun day.
Evan Wenger
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

Thanks to Ed for putting on another GREAT event! I'd love to brag about how my best finish EVAR was due to my incredible skill and daring, but without Dane, Lee, Brian, Bruce and the rest of the guys being able to make it, coupled with Buttercup's "leaky bladder", I'll just take my points and look forward to the 3-day contest in Sherman next month. See ya there
Gary James
Weatherford, TX
RCCA #908
[img]http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/garyjames/Trample_the_Weak.jpeg[/img]
Quickdraw

Post by Quickdraw »

DITTO the thanks to ED for all he does to CD combat contest in the D/FW area. Would have been nice to fly 2548. Bob may have had leaking bladder issues, but when he was in the air he was deadly.
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338