New web address for Spad to the bone

SPAD Combat designs and discussions
For more, visit http://www.spadworld.net

Moderator: hbartel

Dr. Kamakaze

New web address for Spad to the bone

Post by Dr. Kamakaze »

I went to an RC club meeting for an RC field by me that I haven't been to before that I heard was interested in getting some combat started :D . I bought along a Gnat and a phencepost to show the guys. When I tried to print plans for the Gnat I found out that it is no longer spadtothebone.com. The new web address is http://www.spadtothebone.net/index.html. Just an FYI.
Thermals,
Andy Runte, aka "Dr. Kamakaze"
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA 876
AMA 273119
Andy "Dr. Kamakaze" Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876, North Central District Rep
AMA #273119
ZenManiac

Re: New web address for Spad to the bone

Post by ZenManiac »

Hey Andy --

Thanks for the update on SPAD. I don't know if you've talked with Geips lately, but I showed him my KFm4 wing for the Gnat. He's been flying it, and in his opinion, "flew as good if not better than the original". It is simply a 12x34" piece of coro, with an 8x34" piece Gooped around the LE (4" on top and 4" on bottom), and a 18" metal rod run thru one of the flukes for strength. It bolts on from the bottom, making it super simple to change wings without having to remove everything forward to swap out the wing.

Here's a photo of the KFm family of airfoils.

-= Dave
David Lorentzen
RCCA# 832
Dr. Kamakaze

Post by Dr. Kamakaze »

Dave,
Bill made a template for me like the wing you're describing...just when I thought the Gnat couldn't get any simpler, it just did! I plan on making my next ones with that wing as well. I flew for the first time this year last week with Bill, Bryan, and Bob to shake off the rust and had a BLAST! I'm going through my remains of combat planes from last season to see if anymore are easily salvagable to make the TUNDRA TERROR in Green Bay. From scanning things yesterday, it looks like most, if not all, of my wings are toast. What I need is more hours in the day!
Thermals,
Andy Runte, aka "Dr. Kamakaze"
AMA #273119
RCCA #876
P.S.--Dave, on a side note...there is an awesome hill at a park by me just off I-94 and Hwy 67. It would work well for you and your brother to slope fly I believe and it's located as close to 1/2 way between the two of you that you will get. I'll get you guys pics and better directions to it the next time I'm there with my daughter. It's wide open, no trees, no houses. The only time it's used is during the winter by kids for sledding.
Andy "Dr. Kamakaze" Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876, North Central District Rep
AMA #273119
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

I think you have one of the shortest combat reitrements, Andy. :D

I've looked at the Oconomowoc hill from the highway, and been told by a local sloper there that it's not that good. But I'm always game to try! 8) We could set up a get-together if you can find out the best wind directions.

-= Dave
David Lorentzen
RCCA# 832

Return to “Simple Plastic Airplane Designs (SPAD)”