We Need Help Promoting Combat

Moderator: hbartel

Dane McGee

We Need Help Promoting Combat

Post by Dane McGee »

I would like to challenge all members of the RCCA and CDs especially to promote combat at every opportunity on forums such as RC Universe, RC Groups, Watt Flyers, Spad World, Palomar Combat and others.

They are a valuble tool for promoting RC Combat and it costs nothing but time. I would like to encourage more posting on the other forums with upcoming event announcements, debriefs, build threads, etc. The object is to build excitement and keep up the exposure.

I feel that EVERY event announcement and debrief should be posted on the other forums. We need to post plenty of pics. .....everyone likes pics of airplanes, flightline and combat action.
There are a few RCCA members that are active on the other sites......you are to be commended. Please keep up the good work.

If the object of our new Spad class is to encourage new combat flyers, then we need to be all over these sites promoting it.
Combat promotion is something we have to be actively engaged in at all times otherwise RC combat will fracture and fall off the radar. There are many, many more people that will be exposed to combat if we are diligent in keeping combat forums active including this one.

I plan to do my part, how 'bout you? :D
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
PFawcett

Re: We Need Help Promoting Combat

Post by PFawcett »

Excellent post Dane! I completely agree. I plan to post some build tips over the weekend. I will post on the other forums aswell.
Paul Fawcett
RCCA# 1034
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

PFawcett wrote:Excellent post Dane! I completely agree. I plan to post some build tips over the weekend. I will post on the other forums aswell.
Outstanding Paul! Keep up the good work!! :D
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Dane Keep up the spark.. Though I will make a public confession that I have taken over a bigger role in the Boy Scout organization and while my kids are still involved flying (in general not just combat) has taken a back seat. I see myself in this role for about 2 years then I will be back at full speed.

Keep watch till I get back
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Big Dog wrote:Dane Keep up the spark.. Though I will make a public confession that I have taken over a bigger role in the Boy Scout organization and while my kids are still involved flying (in general not just combat) has taken a back seat. I see myself in this role for about 2 years then I will be back at full speed.

Keep watch till I get back
Craig thx for the support. I have had my share of things over the last 10 years take precedence over combat too.....it's just life. I even took a couple years off and built a full scale RV-7 :D

My kids are grown now and I'm at a point where I can devote more time to the flying and promotion of RC Combat.

We'll keep the light on for ya!
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Got to tell Don to install a "like"button for this stuff
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it
jj

Post by jj »

I open to hear any suggestions. Life has gotten in the way a bit but we are also short on combat pilots here in CO now.
Not sure we can get much stirred up but keep me posted if anything starts to catch on that might work at altitude.
jj (John J)
[img]http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/JJ-John-Jaugilas/P40RightThumb.thumb.jpg[/img]
Crosswinds R/C club
12th Pursuit Squadron
RCCA #579 AMA #9474
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Dane

I am jealous about your RV7.. Building a "full" scale is on the bucket list probably in about 2 years when I pull the plug on my current job.
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it
Quickdraw

Post by Quickdraw »

I would like to see RCCA combat contest write ups submited to the AMA VP columns in the AMA magazine. I haven't read one in any of the VP's columns in quite awhile. I don't know if it's being done already by the CD's or anyone else. The ones we do in the debrief section would work, a picture and contest results. Anything to get RCCA combat in the hearts and minds of those who don't know how great it is to fly combat.

Something that I will be doing is fly combat with a group of guys that fly combat on a regular bases. Their scoring is different and my open b planes with a stock muffler will be legal in their combat leauge. (I'll fly my Texas Twisted Willy Wing, If i get my butt kicked I'll break out the Russian Wing) I want to accomplish two things. One, get feed back as to why they don't fly by RCCA (AMA SIG) rules and two, fly more combat cuz them north Texas boys are tough and I need all the combat flying I can get.
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338
jj

Post by jj »

Think we have a few people in CO trying to get newbies started with Gnats. Really a great airframe and performance to get people started with. Fun plane. Inexpensive and pretty durable.
jj (John J)
[img]http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/JJ-John-Jaugilas/P40RightThumb.thumb.jpg[/img]
Crosswinds R/C club
12th Pursuit Squadron
RCCA #579 AMA #9474
RH

Post by RH »

Who's doing that jj? Do you have one yet? The Gnat is not easy at altitude but you guys are 1000' lower than me and they should fly a bit better than here. Build em as light as possible and have fun!!
Randy Hodges
RCCA 745
AMA CD# 7458
jj

Post by jj »

Hey Randy, good seeing your post. Glad you didn't get mud-slid out of Manitou.

I've been talkin to Rhino Scharnell and Chris. They are aiming at getting a combat event sanctioned in late september. Of course Tom wants to fly Open B but they have a lot of interest at Mile-Hi in Gnats. I put one together at 2.5 pounds and yeah its a little doggy at altitude, but that should make it more reasonable for people new to combat. Just don't ever throttle back.

Now if we can get Quad back flying, James, you, and a few others it could be interesting. :)

Gnats take me back to those initial Spad days.

jj
jj (John J)
Crosswinds R/C club
12th Pursuit Squadron
RCCA #579 AMA #9474
RH

Post by RH »

jj, glad to see you around too! The Mile-High Gnats NATS has a nice ring to it eh?
Randy Hodges
RCCA 745
AMA CD# 7458
Yankee Samurai

Post by Yankee Samurai »

Got lots of pic's just don't know how to post them. Sent our Districrt AMA our a report of our last contest, said he would print in a future issue, it was on AMA National Model Aviation Day we hosted a Wounded Warrior Project that raised $1,000.00. I waiting to see if he ever will post it. Keep watching Model Aviation for District XI report.
Randy Shiosaki
RCCA# 545
Yankee Samurai

Post by Yankee Samurai »

I forgot to add, that if you go to the AMA web site some pictures are posted from that event, we had a glider toss for the kids with the help of the Twin Falls Idaho club. It's on the Model Aviation Day blog.
Randy Shiosaki
RCCA# 545

Return to “Trends in Participation”