Texoma Nats

tell everyone the results of your combat related event!

Moderator: hbartel

Bruce B

Texoma Nats

Post by Bruce B »

Thanks to all the guys that came out to fly this weekend. Good to see old friends and meet new ones. Three days of combat with some great weather and some great flying. 2948 scale on Friday started with clouds and a few hit and miss showers. We had three twins show up, but the new plane bugs got the best of my new whirlwind and it was down before we started. It is going to be fast and fly great when I get it worked out. Popped the bottom spar and broke the wing it will fly again. David Ebers had a Gekko that flew great, even with a modified wing tip(sorry David) David Turner had his f7f tigercat going and it flew well also. It lasted quite a few rounds but eventually got the tail cut off and went down pretty hard. It was already over 5 lbs so a rebuild is questionable, but I think He liked the sound of the twin magnums so I think another twin may be in his future. Buttercup had his new zero and hellcat flying good. The zero was lost in battle.

Saturday morning started out at a cold 39 degrees but warmed up quickly. There was hardly a breeze all day. 12 pilots fought it out and we flew 10 rounds of ssc.
Sunday 9 pilots flew in open B
Bruce Blevins
RCCA# 906
AMA CD# 9031
davidturner

Re: Texoma Nats

Post by davidturner »

Had a fun time with everyone this past weekend. Posted some pics in the gallery. http://rccombat.net/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=11453 Nice to see the roudy roundrock boys came to see us.
David Turner
RCCA member #934
AMA Contest Director / Leader Member # 8822
Texoma RC Modeler's member
http://www.texomarc.org/
Quickdraw

Post by Quickdraw »

What a great weekend of combat. Except for a few sprinkles Friday, we could not have had better weather.
Congrats to Bob for his win in 2948 to Paul for his win in SSC and to "The Man" Evan for his total domination and win in open b.
Bill Blake, my wife and I thank you for dinner Saturday night. It was great to see you and Paul again.
The Rowdy Round Rock boys held their own and were well prepared for their first RCCA event. An enthusiastic bunch to say the least.

Looking forward to the last event of the year in these parts on the 9th of November.
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338
EK

Post by EK »

Thanks again David and Bruce for a good weekend of combat.

Congrats to Paul for his WIN in SSC and to Buttercup for successfully (finally) wrapping his bird around the wind sock. Good competitive flying from everyone.
I relearned I need to stay out of Buttercups Furball even though it looks enticing and that it's almost futile to try to chase down David Ebers when he's flying the wing. One more...when you least expect it, Court with his openB birds on muffler and 'special secret' prop will slip right in and clean your wing.
Evan Wenger
wtsidney

Post by wtsidney »

WOW what a great weekend of combat! I'm still grinning ear to ear and George is still crowing about his victories.

Thanks Again We had a great time!

Posted some pics in the gallery http://rccombat.net/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=11478
Bill Sidney
Round Rock, Texas
RCCA 1036